The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2010 Lotus Evora and noticed they finally came out with a few accesories for the car. I noticed a composit engine cover and a carbon fiber engine cover. What is the benefit of the composit cover over the stock besides the fact that it matches my interior (Red)

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I own a 2010 Lotus Evora and noticed they finally came out with a few accesories for the car. I noticed a composit engine cover and a carbon fiber engine cover. What is the benefit of the composit cover over the stock besides the fact that it matches my interior (Red)
I have seen the carbon cover and really like it, but it is way too expensive.

I am not aware of the composite cover you are referring to. Can you furnish a link to a site that shows it?

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
I've seen the carbon cover done with foil, which looked just as good, but probably much less expensive.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
I have a feeling he is referring to carbon wrap :) I don't think a wrap is possible in this case. We're dealing with lots of heat in that engine bay and i'm sure it'll peel off.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Is the 3M Di-Noc stuff meant for high temperature applications?

I know their new 1080 Scotchprint stuff is not but maybe the Di-Noc?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts

·
Illegal Alien
4,613 Posts
Composite is plastic like org but in colour. CF is way too expensive. I like the Exige S (V6) plate on the SC itself, beats any cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
489 Posts
Just get some engine paint. Tape off the area you don't want to paint and spray. Apply silver/chrome engine paint on the letters using a brush and your done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts