The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
That thing started leaking on me near the block connection. It was a pain to remove but I plugged that instead of trying to keep it from leaking again.
Yes, mine leaks too (I think at the joint with a hose clamp) but then it could be the dipstick port.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The Pauter heavy duty rods are an excellent design. Unfortunately, due to the oil starvation issue one got wrecked. The Pauter website does have them "on sale" in sets of two. I had bought two sets of 4. If you go in that direction I can sell you two and you could purchase a set of two from Pauter. That will save you a fair amount.

Sent from my LM-Q910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
I find my oil is diluted with gas to 3-4% in 200 track miles (per Blackstone analysis). This is thinning the oil fast. I change every two days.

I have a BOE catch can (open-loop) on the bigger vent pipe, and a small Aluminum Moroso catch can on the smaller vent pipe that is routed to the low-vacuum (air cleaner side of the throttle butterfly). This is a switch to the opposite side of the butterfly for the smaller vent versus OEM.

My logic is that the low vacuum will help keep the crank case pressure low at WOT. The OEM configuration, when off-throttle, sucks air from the air-cleaner/low-vacuum side, through the valve cover, and out to the high-vacuum side into the intake. This is the source of most of the rebreathed oil in my experience.

I get little oil in the BOE open-loop can and a small amount of condensed gas (20ml per track/race day) (I fill the can with SS cleaner pads). I get more condensed gas (40-50ml per track/race day) in the Moroso closed-loop can.

The car has stock SC w/ 3" pulley, 550cc injectors, ITG intake and BOE TQ300 tune. I recently switched to a Laminova oil cooler (and don't yet have new Blackstone data on dilution).
My son had a rod go on his Evo. Running to rich or it could have been a bad ring on one of the other pistons.Either way gas in the oil (oil was black). Just a though.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Would an accusump accumulator help these cars

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I believe an accusump would stabilize the pressure "passively" and cosy effectively , but I am going to bite the bullet , go all in , and opt for dry sump.

Sent from my LM-Q910 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
Exige S260
1,810 Posts
Would an accusump accumulator help these cars

That is only useful during start up, in my S260 I removed it, it is an useless piece of junk, you are better off with dry sump, or external oil pump.
As to prevent start up oil starvation, I have a fuel pump switch, I prime the engine first, then start the engine after priming the oil.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts