The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an email today from the guy that bought my car. He said he was driving on the highway, and the car stumbles and lost power for 3 or 4 seconds. Its been OK since then. I'd only had that happen when the engine was cold, but I have a feeling the engine was warm. I've been thinking about it, and I'm not sure exactly what it may be. I was thinking dirty MAF maybe? Anybody have any ideas? I'd do a search but I'm on a blackberry and the search doesn't work right on this thing. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know what the AC relay problem is. I can't search because of this POS blackberry curve. I can't even read the responses without replaying first, and seeing what's written below. I will check that problem out once I have access to a computer or some mobile device that isn't total trash. I should check to see if he was using the AC. Thank you for your responses.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
A dirty air filter will cause the engine to stumble as you describe. At first it will be very intermittant, then later become more common. Eventually it will cause rev limiting, and then a CEL.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I don't know what the AC relay problem is. I can't search because of this POS blackberry curve. I can't even read the responses without replaying first, and seeing what's written below. I will check that problem out once I have access to a computer or some mobile device that isn't total trash. I should check to see if he was using the AC. Thank you for your responses.
SERVICE Date: 03.08.06 2006/20
BULLETIN Model: '06 Elise/Exige a.c.
Service Manager Service Reception Supervisor Parts Manager
Lotus Cars Limited, Norwich, Norfolk, NR14 8EZ. England.
CLASS 3
TITLE: Momentary engine power interruption.
REASON: It has been found that on a very small number of '06 model year cars, with an unfavourable tolerance
a.c. control module, it is possible under some circumstances that sparking across the a.c.
compressor relay contacts can cause a voltage spike which results in the engine ECU resetting.
This will be experienced as a momentary interruption of engine power, and is likely to occur only
very occasionally. It is also possible that a throttle related trouble code may be set. e.g. P0638.

Action: If this symptom should be reported, it is recommended to replace the a.c./fan control module
A117M0038F

1 - 6 of 6 Posts