The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have developed a engine hesitation issue with my 06 Elise after a recent track day. Everything was great until my 2nd race of the day on the last lap and I was making a RH turn that shoots into an uphill curve. I immediately noticed the hesitation (power loss) while in climbing the hill in 2nd gear. So immediately took it easy and pitted the car for the day. Drove it home easy (hour and 1/2) no problems, idles perfect but after 4k it starts to get choppy acceleration. Disconnected the battery for 24hrs, filled the gas tank... same problem.

I've read through another "engine hesitation thread" and these guys seem to experience the same issue in high G turns but my problem remains on the street too. My fuel level was reading 3 bars at the time of power loss on the track.

I did wash the car before hand and I noticed there was a decent amount of water where the ignition coils are after the fact when I was snooping around the engine bay for issues. It feels like an ignition issue but figured I'd see if anyone has had similar issues on the street.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts