The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car developed this strange noise when slowing down. I believe it's when I'm in a low gear (i.e 5th going 20 mph). Is sounds like metal rubbing, maybe rings? It's a load hum and does not go on for more then a second or two. Only when I come to a slow stop but not every time. Wondering if any one had a though here?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Can you notice a change in the 'metal rubbing / rattling ring' noise if you press the gear shifter sideways when it happens? If so, it is the gearbox or diff and lots of the C64 boxes do that on overrun at some point (It's not the gear cables because the noise is there even with them detached from the box, stuck in 3rd for example). It has been covered over here quite some times. It is just annoying but not concerning.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I have that issue also. This is more of a low loud hum, and feels like an engine issue but just a hunch. May have to wait for it to get worse to know what is going on.

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige-S 240
1,384 Posts
Might help someone diagnose the noise you are trying to figure out if you YouTube it or put a sound or video with sound up somewhere. My car doesn't do what you are describing but... maybe it does depending on the noise. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts