The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ENHINE LIGHT RESET ?Hi everyone I recently had a battery die over winter storage when I boosted the vehicle and barely had it start it hesistated and I had a misfire , I recently replaced the battery but engine light is still on , CAN SOMEONE SEND ME THE STEPS TO RESET THE ENGONE LIGHT ? Thank you in advance

·
Registered
361 Posts
Buy an OBD reader, wireless preferred. Read the code, Internet search the code, see if its something you can just reset to see if it returns, etc. Or post the code here.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
You need an OBD II scan tool. They make them in wired and wireless varieties, for Android, iOS, Mac/PC and standalone. Just about any of them will work in conjunction with OBD software to reset the CEL, but you'll probably want to see what the code is first.

If it's the airbag light that you're trying to reset, that's a different tool that also uses the OBD diagnostic port. See this thread here: airbag light reset!

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I use Torque Pro. Works great plus fun gauges to play with. Everything but that airbag one, as mentioned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts