The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Exige was rear-ended at a red light back in November, a few days before I planned on putting it away for winter :wallbang:

It was basically just cosmetic damage, the rear pannel cracked a little bit.

I got it back a few days ago, and the engine light was lit up. I figured that was just because it hadn't been driven for almost 5 months, so I didn't pay much attention to it. Now I've driven it for about 10 hours since I got it back, and the light is still lit.

Is this something that should just go away once I drive the car a little more, or should I get it car checked out?

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
Flashing = Panic

Solid = Eh, what ever.

Take it to Lotus and scan it, find out what code its throwing. Could be just something minor.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
spend the $80 to $100 and invest in a OBD2 code reader/resetter. stop guessing, stop wondering.

when you get the code(s), come back to ET and search the four digit number (drop the letter) b using *####*, where * is a wildcard and # is obviously the number.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Ace, do you have a preferred brand or model?
nope. don't really know the difference between the brands, if any. if you plug it in and it "talks" to the computer, then it's a good one. bring the lotus with you when you go to purchase so you can verify the functionality before you drive off.

i have an orange one. it works. it was $8X. the units that are priced lower "may" do what you need, but i wasn't all that concerened.

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
I just bought one of these for use with my '06 Exige: Actron CP9125 PocketScan. Click the link and you'll see amazon has them in the $45-$55 range brand new. Worked like a charm, read the code, looks like its a gas cap issue, so I checked my cap and erased it. If the same code comes up again, I know I need to buy a new one! Will also be nice for using on my DD and the wife's car which has the CEL come on once a month or so for a self-correcting O2 sensor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts