The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The engine malfunction light light keeps going on and off so I got it scanned and it gives the following error:

Plant Communication Device Gadget Audio equipment Gas

How worried should I be and has anyone else faced the same problem?

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
The code reads like you have a loose fuel pump wire, so I’d definitely try to fix that on my own terms rather than on the side of the road. Has the motor ever cut out or hesitated on you? There’s always the possibility of a false alarm, but I’d rule out a wiring issue first.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The code reads like you have a loose fuel pump wire, so I’d definitely try to fix that on my own terms rather than on the side of the road. Has the motor ever cut out or hesitated on you? There’s always the possibility of a false alarm, but I’d rule out a wiring issue first.
It has not. Another thing I noticed is that the light goes away when I turn the ignition on and comes back on when I turn it off. Does that tell you something?

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
It has not. Another thing I noticed is that the light goes away when I turn the ignition on and comes back on when I turn it off. Does that tell you something?
That’s just what every OBDII car does to confirm the light works if I understand what you’re seeing.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
I am no expert at all. So you are saying that I don't need to worry and I can drive it?
I’m just saying that the CEL light will come on at key on and then turn off when the engine is running, that’s the part that’s normal. Having an active code isn’t normal, and the service manual actually says that code won’t trigger a CEL. Since you have never noticed it cutting out, maybe just clear the code and check occasionally to see if it comes back. Could be as simple as an old issue when a battery went flat or something like that and was never cleared.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m just saying that the CEL light will come on at key on and then turn off when the engine is running, that’s the part that’s normal. Having an active code isn’t normal, and the service manual actually says that code won’t trigger a CEL. Since you have never noticed it cutting out, maybe just clear the code and check occasionally to see if it comes back. Could be as simple as an old issue when a battery went flat or something like that and was never cleared.
Ohh. Thank you so much!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts