The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 Exige S240 track car has developed a misfire that occurs only in left hand turns. It runs normally on straights and right handers. It's not fuel starvation as I have a baffled V2 tank and it was full. When it misfires, A/F gauge goes to 10. Scanner showed cam sensor fault, replaced it, no change. I've checked thoroughly for loose wires and wiggled all the ignition related wires with engine idling. Has anyone else seen this? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Mine would only misfire at 8000 RPM after it was hot in 4th gear. I never figured it out and just replaced the whole wiring harness. Never misfired since!

Do you have aftermarket injectors with the added wiring of the adapters? They can wear on the intake and start grounding causing this kind of issue and its conceivable they would only touch under lateral load.

Edit: Cam sensor fault one time for me was the ground on the head, weird it would only affect during turns, but something to check.

·
Registered
783 Posts
TC intervention? What setting do you use? I kept turning mine up (higher slip %) until it no longer kicked in when it shouldn’t (on the track).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts