1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
i use a s111 sport insert in my rear stock motor mount. The front mount is stock/untouched. Absolutely perfect for a supercharged street car imo. Improved the shifting too.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
I am shopping for improved front and rear engine mounts but can't decide between:
How do these compare?
Thanks!

just an FYI, sector111 mount inserts are powerflex...

so you have 2 options... although I'm not sure what the durometer rating is between the 2?

i have powerflex inserts & i like them... not too harsh but a very worthwhile improvement in my opinion (since the large majority of engine movement stresses the front & rear mount)

·
Registered
841 Posts
I've used both the innovative 60A durometer mounts and the Proflex/Sector111 inserts.

The inserts start very stiff, but eventually relax and settle down a bit. I found the inserts to be slightly stiffer than the Innovative 60A mounts (sector111 calls this the trackmount).

You will increase vibration with any of these. Increased vibration will shake more bolts loose. You will need to use red and blue loctite where appropriate to make sure important bolts--such as those between your engine and the engine mounts--do not loosen and fall out.

Ask me how I know this.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
This is what I recommend. I did the front and rear 5 years ago and they are still holding up fine. I just did the drivers side. Engine is very solid (tiny bit of movement still). Good if you have stainless exhuast (since it doesn't like to get flexed). $5 a tube at home depot. Factor in another $6 if you havent the caulk gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts