The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the mounts will GREATLY improve the cars driving experience, but thats on the track. What about dailydriver?!
My car will be dailydriver for like...80% and only 20% seeing track days

So i want my exige to be driveable myself including a passenger,
and i suppose many knows how f*&ked up the roads are in Vancouver, havent stick my head to the back looking at the engine while driving but i can imagine if else where have such huge engine movement (ex. the States where roads are better), the I believe my engine in Vancouver will pop out anytime...despite the roads...

So I want to ask have any vancouver drivers experienced a crack anywhere any parts in your engine bay without a mount?

Or if you have a mount, how does the ride goes as dailydriver? (can I take a ride in urs?;)

I have supercharger as u may alrdy kno (S240) and I am afraid the components will be damaged even faster than some elise

Jacky-

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Your engine already has mounts (4), what you want are either Manly's Polyurethane mount inserts (inserts into front and rear), or something like the Sector 111 motor mount replacements (replaces all 4 mounts).

People have had their Exige S and up intercooler shrouds crack from excessive engine movement. Shift feel might improve a bit, and throttle response might feel a bit more immediate with upgrades.

from my personal experience, Manly's inserts are by no means too much for a daily driven car vibration wise.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i am thinking of buying the inserts or the replacements from sector111, so too much for the streets and DD right?...

you know which one s more effective? inserts or replace

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
yeah i am thinking of buying the inserts or the replacements from sector111, so too much for the streets and DD right?...

you know which one s more effective? inserts or replace

Manly's Inserts are most certainly NOT too much for the street.

I don't have the S111 mount replacements, but I imagine you would have slightly more vibrations with those.

Obviously the stiffer mounts are more "effective" at preventing engine movement.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Manly's Inserts are most certainly NOT too much for the street.

I don't have the S111 mount replacements, but I imagine you would have slightly more vibrations with those.

Obviously the stiffer mounts are more "effective" at preventing engine movement.
hmmmmm
I am afraid of my engine bay parts not gona be able to handle all the road surface vancouver has to give...I told my brother to look in the back while I accel on/off and I waas only around 4k-5k rpm and he said the engine moved around or more than 2inch and i was like HOLI F*CK

tat is wut made me want to the the mod. but figured the vibration would be the biggest problem. because i use it as DD and hope i dont have to massage my butt and bak few times everyday.

I dont want to create a thinking that before I get into the car "Oh jeez another massage....sigh*"
eventually that will create a negative comment abt my own car...:(

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
hmmmmm
I am afraid of my engine bay parts not gona be able to handle all the road surface vancouver has to give...I told my brother to look in the back while I accel on/off and I waas only around 4k-5k rpm and he said the engine moved around or more than 2inch and i was like HOLI F*CK

tat is wut made me want to the the mod. but figured the vibration would be the biggest problem. because i use it as DD and hope i dont have to massage my butt and bak few times everyday.

I dont want to create a thinking that before I get into the car "Oh jeez another massage....sigh*"
eventually that will create a negative comment abt my own car...:(
I hope you're French Canadian. :huh:

So here's the deal.

Get Manly's mount inserts... install them, drive around with them for a week.

If you don't like them after a week, take them out.

·
Registered
143 Posts
i'm from the philippines and the roads here are simply terrible. there's no way vancouver can come close. and the manly mounts have not given me any additional problems. there's slightly more vibration at idle and more rattling going on but once the car is moving, you wouldn't even notice anything negative created by it. i say go for it and do the shifter mod as well.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Gotta throw in my 0.02...

I have the Manly inserts and the Sector111 Shift Re-enforcer. Perfect combo IMHO.

We have plenty of bumpy streets around here (South Texas) and it's not been a problem since putting the inserts on.

As others have said, the vibration from the Manly inserts is about as much as one can stand for a street car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts