The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed battery in my 05 Elise , now shift lite comes on at 5000 rpm and engine has no power , will backfire around 6000 at times , any ideas ? Thanks bill

·
Registered
480 Posts
What type of battery did you install? because I recently installed new battery (Optima Yellow Top D35) and works like a charm and drives perfectly fine.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I think his ECU got into a "strange" state due to the power interuption. He needs to disable the alarm, disconnect the battery for a few minutes, reconnect the battery. Start the car, let it idle for about 15 minutes, and see if that fixes it. The 05 ECU could become disturbed/reset sometimes with a power interruption.

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
I think his ECU got into a "strange" state due to the power interuption. He needs to disable the alarm, disconnect the battery for a few minutes, reconnect the battery. Start the car, let it idle for about 15 minutes, and see if that fixes it. The 05 ECU could become disturbed/reset sometimes with a power interruption.

I totally agree! ECU malfunction should reset after power disconnection. Just make sure you leave it disconnected for at least 5 minutes before re-connecting it.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Also agree.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
when in doubt - reboot.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Or press CTRL ALT DEL on your ECU ;)

·
Premium Member
11,717 Posts
too easy to not check.

there is an eng mgmt fuse (don't remember which) that, when it broken, causes car to exhibit odd tendencies, low RPM, power loss.

Let us know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts