The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine sputters when making regular slow right turns from a stop. I have the following mods installed: REV400, and BOE surge tank. Any ideas? Turbophil?

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your traction control might kick-in. Try shut it down.
That worked. Thank you very much.
It must be because I disabled my ABS by unplugging left front wheel sensor, had a loss of braking at the end of a long straight when braking hard and I read somewhere on here that disabling the ABS will fix that problem. I guess I'll only disable the ABS when I go on track.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
918 Posts
had a loss of braking at the end of a long straight when braking hard and I read somewhere on here that disabling the ABS will fix that problem.
If you have not figured it out from your searching, you likely encountered ICE mode with the ABS. There are ways to mitigate ICE mode, but the only way to totally prevent it, as you have found, it to disable ABS.

·
Saffron Yellow is Lighter
1,256 Posts
ICE

If you have not figured it out from your searching, you likely encountered ICE mode with the ABS. There are ways to mitigate ICE mode, but the only way to totally prevent it, as you have found, it to disable ABS.
Is ICEing a concern at the track with 2005's since traction control was not an option? I have never had an issue with it on mine.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Is ICEing a concern at the track with 2005's since traction control was not an option? I have never had an issue with it on mine.
I think ICE mode is a problem on track with all Elige's. Definitely started on 05's. It is not a traction control issue, it is an ABS issue. With that said, I have tracked my 05 and have not experienced ICE mode.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts