The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Engine stall when coming to a stop

13K views 44 replies 32 participants last post by  Ghussey 
Hi I had my new Exige S for 1 month now and have found on several occasions while slowing to a stop the engine revs drop below 500-600 and the engine stops, on other occasions its revs drop low then the idle response revs the engine up to say 1500 before the revs drop back to idle.
it does seem to happen if you stop more suddenly.
service department tells me this is a normal response
Have others experienced this and is it my driving or the lotus ??
thanks warren
Warren,

My 2007 S did this from day 1. Had the dealer reflash me to the latest and greatest and rarely if ever have a problem now.

During normal driving and such, it almost never happened but...after coming off the motorway, and coming to a stop it would stutter then stall.....

When you take it in for the first service or oil change, have them give you the current ecu reflash....am sure it will take care of the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.