The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Engine & Transaxle only: $1k - SOLD

SOLD to Nobuyasu 11/24/13

Selling the stock toyota/yamaha 2zz-ge engine/transaxle, out of my 2005 Lotus Elise. Very well cared for by 1 previous owner and myself. Since I've had it it's been serviced by Dietchwerks and Suspension Performance here in the SF bay area. Sure both of them can vouch, as well as the Enginetiks mech. who went out for a drive with me one last time before we pulled it. Very good compression, 170 peak HP, and approx. 83k mi, of superb performance. Asking rock bottom bargain price of $1k (engine only).

Best as local pick-up given expected freight costs. Will help by crating for freight within cont. US but, sorry, not able to provide cost estimates for that. I have no way of weighing it but I'd guess 250-300 lbs. but can not provide actual weight (sorry) for shipping est. All I can provide is dimensions. If shipping is desired it I will make it ready for pick up.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Bump for a great deal, and :wallbang: for wishing I had the cash for this right now. Such plans going through my head...such plans.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
11-03-2013 PMs:
11:26 AM GSXtasy
11:45 AM Ked67madison
First to remit owns it.

Want to re-iterate that I have no ability to weigh it. Now it's off the dolly and wrapped on a half palette, and will be difficult even to move. So at approx 300lbs, best guess. This is not including header which is removed so eng. fits half palette. Header, axles, mounts, etc. would probably ship efficiently via UPS unless buyer wants other.

The eng/trans. is $1k and if you buy it the extras--axles, mounts, misc.--pretty much gratis except for the cost of shipping them. But if buyer doesn't need axles etc. thus want to pay for the additional shipping for by UPS (this I can estimate tomorrow), or other, it's still $1k. Low as it can go.

To be clear: Shipping is buyers responsibility for this transaction. At this price I can't compromise on it. Thanks for understanding.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still pending... first payer owns it all. If not soon thinking to pull ad and part it out.

Note: Wiring harness is out and should be back (as it left) this coming week.

amunoz: forum prevents me from PM'ing you, perhaps as just reg'd? PM me? I should be able to respond to yours....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Still pending... first payer owns it all. If not soon thinking to pull ad and part it out.

Note: Wiring harness is out and should be back (as it left) this coming week.

amunoz: forum prevents me from PM'ing you, perhaps as just reg'd? PM me? I should be able to respond to yours....
Not sure what the issue is, can't PM either. Email me at [email protected]

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can send you $1000 right now through paypal to have the engine and trans shipped to VA. I don't need the other parts but would take the mounts also if you wanted to include those. 540 392 2530
Zack

·
Registered
Too many, don’t care.
1,439 Posts
If mtbman doesn't want the axles, PM how much you want for them.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I am traveling this week and though return to SF bay area was planned for today I will be away until the 21st.

Sale still pending... until Friday 11/22. If not picked up then I'll part for separate sale--per much appreciated interest of LT community--of axles, mounts, wiring harness, oil pan (have baffled OEM to replace moroso), and of course eng/trans.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts