The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I popped the clutch to start my 2006 Elise. The problem was that the car was in reverse. It did not like that. Now the car will not idle and I have to keep my foot on the gas to even keep it running. Now when driving it sputters at just about all speeds. It is like the timing is completely wrong. When trying to limp it home, it finally set the engine light. About 10 miles later. I have someone coming today to see if they can get me the code. Any ideas? Thanks for any help in advance!

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
I had a similar problem...if your code says lean cylinder, check the injector to manifold o-rings... also clean the MFS with the special spray cleaner...AutoZone sells it. Also a good idea to clean out the throttle body too...

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,603 Posts
My next "planned" project is a clam hinge...

Just about everything you have to do with clam on is painful. The opposite is true with Clam out of the way or off...

I hope it is any combination of small maintenance issues that you can clear up man.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put the clam kit on my as soon as I got it. Best thing I did. If you are interested, I can tell you how I did my wiring. I didn't do any of that cut & splice crap. I will also send you pictures if you would like.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also my 3rd brake light is working and requires nothing when flipping the clam. I can have one made for you and shipped if you are interested. I would have to ask the guy how much to make one and then of course shipping. This would be plug and play. Same connector that are being used on the car today. I can also send picture of that if you are interested in seeing it first. Just send me a PM.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
I put the clam kit on my as soon as I got it. Best thing I did. If you are interested, I can tell you how I did my wiring. I didn't do any of that cut & splice crap. I will also send you pictures if you would like.
Sounds like you did a great job! How about posting a thread on how you did it with pics? It could help a few people!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts