The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Elise NA
This past fall I had an issue with my battery and pulled it out for the winter. I bought a new one and installed. Now the rev limiter won’t allow the full range even after warmup. Strangely, the radio also won’t power up. (Possibly a separate issue I guess)

can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The secondary cams werent engaging. I ended up looking at the engine bay fuses AGAIN and found that fuse 5 was indeed blown. Sorry to bother you guys.

·
Dreaming of Lotus
2005 Elise Sport Touring
125 Posts
This isn't a bother, it is a new google result with a solution.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
There was a recent debate on whether the fuses blow too easily or blow due to user error (hooking up the battery backwards first). How confident are you the new battery was never accidentally installed backwards? For what it's worth, I blew mine by not paying attention and reversing the wires, haha.

·
Less is Better
2,694 Posts
The secondary cams werent engaging. I ended up looking at the engine bay fuses AGAIN and found that fuse 5 was indeed blown. Sorry to bother you guys.
Thanks for following up and letting everyone know what you found to be the problem.

·
Registered
733 Posts
There was a recent debate on whether the fuses blow too easily or blow due to user error (hooking up the battery backwards first). How confident are you the new battery was never accidentally installed backwards? For what it's worth, I blew mine by not paying attention and reversing the wires, haha.
I'm glad to hear that this doesn't ruin the ECU; the K4 ECU prior to the T4 apparently blows a chip and becomes inoperable when battery terminals are reversed. blowing a fuse is much better. this must mean that Lotus fixes niche problems over time when the FMEA is shortsighted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts