The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So at 0500 hrs this morning, I decided to attend Irvine CNC - met up with the usual LA/OC LT suspects, old and new faces, great time chatting and hanging out as usual. I took a few cool car photos with my cell phone, trying out the "HDR Camera" app, so please excuse the bright colors and heavy saturation on the photos.

In no particular order:

For you guys who showed up this morning, please post photos you've taken as you wish....enjoy!

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Great pics and great cars. Thanks for sharing.
I wish they had a similar event in Northern California on a regular basis.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
almost wish i lived in california now!!! nice pics

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great pics and great cars. Thanks for sharing.
I wish they had a similar event in Northern California on a regular basis.
You guys can circulate various forums up there and start one! It will grow in time.....

·
Registered
765 Posts
It was nice to see the guys on "Lotus Lane"...If I had known a group was going, I'd have brought my Exige instead of the Atom.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was nice to see the guys on "Lotus Lane"...If I had known a group was going, I'd have brought my Exige instead of the Atom.
Ariel Atom:drool: You, sir, are my hero.:bow:

Please tell us about your Atom and driving experience as compared to the Exigencies. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Nice shots Andy! Late night last night so I didn't come, cruised up to Harry's instead for a health check :)

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice shots Andy! Late night last night so I didn't come, cruised up to Harry's instead for a health check :)
Thanks! Yeah, we missed you this morning. I was at Harry yesterdayti switch the tires and Perry for oil cooler

·
Registered
141 Posts
Great pics Andy! I had a good time hanging out with everyone this morning. See you all at K1 tomorrow!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
damn, good turnout. I need to go more often again...just so much to do on the weekends.

andy when did you get the black done?? sick.

that spyker lm85 is badass...I had a close look at it last time I was at newport...though I'm sure Abe just wishes it would sell by now! ha

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Devil Dog, it was a decent turn out. I decided at the last minutes to go. Got home by 0930 hrs.

Thanks for noticing my latest mod idea (been thinking for a long while) - just got the black vinyl car wrap done yesterday afternoon after visiting Harry, here's a few of many pics that I took...

IT took 4.5 hours for the owners/installers at Impressive Wrap in El Monte to finish a great/challenging Job - a lot of curves. Absolutely no cut on the paint surface. They use a thin tape with dental floss on it to cut, clever- Super reasonable rate, just like Harry's. Love the stealth, yet reversible look. I'm a confused Acura NSX wannabees!

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thanks, Chris and RCCola, I thought about CF wrap but it might be too much? Can switch at anytime, any opinion?

Taylor, I totaly agree, the Spyker is just amazing and crazy to look at - over the top visually and engineering wise!

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,079 Posts
....man is that McLaren forgetable!

That red Elise is really a show car, what a pity...it looks fast.

That green Jag (or whatever it is) is incredible! .... if cars only held that much charisma nowadays the world would be better place.
-Robert

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
....man is that McLaren forgetable!

That red Elise is really a show car, what a pity...it looks fast.

That green Jag (or whatever it is) is incredible! .... if cars only held that much charisma nowadays the world would be better place.
-Robert
It was a green Jag. I do like the previous McLaren model better also. and the red Elise IS fast (on freeway), especially on the tracks whenever I go.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Man that is levels above what I've seen here in the Bay Area. Clearly the SoCal car scene is much hotter. We have all those cars given the wealth here. We just don't have that same car culture. Then again, I'm not sure many areas do.

·
Registered
197 Posts
That Morgan just catches your eye. It has to be one of the hardest cars to spot around now a days. Don't think people really go with the wood frame anymore and that is a beautiful wrap you did on your Elise by the way. Well worth 4.5 hours.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 20 of 20 Posts