The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just find out Enkei makes them in 15x7 +35mm and 16x8 +38mm! Those should fit our car pretty nicely, rite?

I saw people run 16 all aorund but does anyone have experience with RPF1 in 15/16 setup?

Thanks

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hard to say if it fit, since the front caliper are opposite dual piston, over than the offset, you need to be certain they clear the wheel branch. This data is not supplied with the wheel, you need to measure it. I am using SSR wheel, and I machined slithly the inside to clear the caliper.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have some 15" x 7" (+41 if memory serves) RPF1s from my CRX racecar. I'll check the fit on my Elise (base model - stock brakes). My 15" x 7" SSR Type Cs (+31 if memory serves) fit just fine on the front.

Hope that helps - give me a couple of days to check the fit - I'm in the doghouse at home for spending too much time racing and playing with cars. :-0

·
Registered
821 Posts
Color me curious.

subscribed for update.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I had a set of those on my suby: They are an exception to the light, cheap, strong rule. Love the looks as well.

·
Registered
821 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
As posted elsewhere on the forum, the 15" RPF1s won't clear the caliper - I tried mine this morning. They are 41mm offset, but they are so far from clearing, I would say that not even a 30mm offset would work.

Sorry this took so long...

Martin

·
Registered
220 Posts
bumping a thread from the dead.......... most likely a noob question so I appologise. I did a search and this was all I could find

Will these not even fit with spacers? I would love to run these rims in a 15x7 and 16x8

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is anyone currently running the RPF1s in 15/16 on an elise or exige over stock brakes? Sounds like there may be a problem with clearance on the front, even with spacers. I'm looking for a 15/16 setup that will let me run RA1s.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Is anyone currently running the RPF1s in 15/16 on an elise or exige over stock brakes? Sounds like there may be a problem with clearance on the front, even with spacers. I'm looking for a 15/16 setup that will let me run RA1s.
just a heads up, the 15x7 rpf1 with 35 inset will fit & clear the stock brakes in the front (as far as inner dish is concerned) but you will need a 4+ mm spacer to clear the caliper from the spoke... the pf01 has a slightly more concave spoke design that will clear the caliper without spacers @ the 35 inset

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f91/choices-15-16-wheels-119364/index2.html

Check Phil from BOE's post for clearance details

·
Registered
2006 Exige S
9 Posts
Let's bring this back from the dead to correct a point.

An Enkei RPF1 in 15x7 +35 offset will NOT clear a standard S2 Exige's front caliper. It's not even close. The barrel of the wheel (not the spokes, the barrel) interferes with the caliper. The barrel has a smaller diameter close to the spokes. A massive spacer (25+mm?) would be required to push it out far enough so it's likely not worth it at that point.

I will confirm if a 15x8 +28mm will fit without a spacer, but it looks very close. The face is concaved a bit and that changes the spacing of the spokes and barrel substantially.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts