The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up my first Lotus Evora GT and I think it's a well balanced machine. I see a handful of people lightly modifying(cai,headers,exhaust)there cars. What I don't see is anymore mentioning tuning besides one or two people who mention the German company. Every car I've ever own(Subaru STI, GT350 824whp, 2020 GT500 1020whp) had to be tuned after adding basic bolt ons to the car or major things like bigger turbos, smaller pulleys etc. I'm looking to add a few minor bolt ons, I looked at a few different headers and the websites say tune not needed which sounds weird to me! Is anyone actually running PB headers, BOE headers, or Aerie headers without a tune? I would love to hear from anyone running header/exhaust combo.

·
Administrator
13,550 Posts
It might have been Tracktime that had headers and then finally got his tune. In most cases you can run headers but not realize the full power potential until you do get a tune. You can't just go to your local shop and get tuned. Lotus encrypts the ECU and there are only a handful of shops worldwide that can tune properly.
Use G search and end with lotustalk and you will find all of the threads in the Evora forum dealing with mods. Just remember and anything besides a third cat delete will get your warranty voided. No headers, No CAI and No tunes.

Reactions: 05FordGT

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It might have been Tracktime that had headers and then finally got his tune. In most cases you can run headers but not realize the full power potential until you do get a tune. You can't just go to your local shop and get tuned. Lotus encrypts the ECU and there are only a handful of shops worldwide that can tune properly.
Use G search and end with lotustalk and you will find all of the threads in the Evora forum dealing with mods. Just remember and anything besides a third cat delete will get your warranty voided. No headers, No CAI and No tunes.
I'm not too worried about warranties, I normally void them pretty fast 😆. I figured without a tune you wouldn't reap the rewards of installing headers, it's just funny the sites selling them put no tune required which sounds fishy. I'm kinda surprised by the amount of GT drivers that leave their cars bone stock, maybe this might be the one car I leave stock due to lack of tuning resources out there.

·
Administrator
13,550 Posts
Reactions: Flsupraguy
1 - 5 of 5 Posts