The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving then as I was about to downshift + rev match the car boggled down and stalled

Next thing I knew, there was a solid CEL light (at this point I forgot if the car was off or on before the solid CEL light came on)

Quickly grabbed a obd2 reader, and only one code popped up which is P0638
I did some reading here and there, and it seems that it was the AC relay problem?
I did indeed have the AC on at the time, so it might actually be that im not 100% sure
Or could it of been a bad tank of gas? I run 91 and there is ethanol in it (is having ethanol ok?)

Anyways, cleared the code and car drives fine
But where can i find the AC relay (part #A117M0038F) ?
Or could it be some thing else? My car is a 2007 Exige S, i believe build date is in July

Thanks in advance

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
IIRC, it is in front of the front passanger wheel. To access it you must remove the wheel well plastics (removing the wheel will make it easier). If you've not already done so, I very strongly suggest getting to the Lotus site and downloading the full factory maintenance manual. Its not really cheap, but its a very worthwhile investment.

There are directions on how to find it in the "Maintence and Repairs" subform.

There is a bit of an issue with the early AC relay where it would short out randomly and cause the ECU to reset. I've had it happen a few times and actually have a new relay sitting in my parts bin at the house. Personally, I don't use the AC too much but I suppose I should get around to replacing it with the updated module. A quick search or two will find a lot of info on this and similar issues. TADTS

I hope what I'm thinking of is what you're dealing with, if not, sorry for the useless info :) Best of luck.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I know where it is
Just where to buy it

Most sites are selling for like $200 when it used to be like $60

:(

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
Yea I know where it is
Just where to buy it

Most sites are selling for like $200 when it used to be like $60

:(
Oh, sorry. Yeah, I bought mine a while ago and definitely cost close to $200. I bought it through Lotus Garage but I think for that part, you pretty much have to get it from a dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts