The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like all unfortunately souls who move into new houses and cannot seem to find 90% of their stuff, I have managed to misplace my small tool kit for my 05. I ordered a replacement from BMC but will take 2 weeks to get - to their credit they tried to give me the one out of their loaner Elise but of course it's missing as well... I guess I'm not the only idiot who has done this. Anybody in SF willing to loan me their key for a day? Apparently they are not keyed. You would be saving me from 2 weeks of infinite frustration as I walk by my new set of wheels every morning on the way to work!!!

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
if you want to meet me down here in the south bay area sometime, you can borrow mine

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'm in the East Bay and you can borrow mine.

Steve

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
When you say key, are you talking about the locking lug nut? And if so, yes they are keyed. There are a few different ones that were on the 2005 cars. Maybe 10.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I believe he's just talking about the adapter, which is not unique (at least not among Lotus). Unfortunately since my last track day where I had to borrow jonOrangeElise's, I still can't find my own. :(

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
I used to work at BMC so I think I have a complete tool kit with my Lotus. I'll be back in San Francisco tomorrow night through Saturday night if you'd like to borrow something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts