The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tried to watch some indy today.
when the event is much smaller than the ads, i turn the tv off and do something else.
NOTHING is THAT important!
got a lot of mowing the field done.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Hey, they only broke away from the end of the race (to a quarter screen) twice to show the nervous wives; my blood pressure didn't even go up that much at the interruptions. Normally, that "human interest" is half of the end of an exciting race. :rolleyes:

(The above is sarcastic. I mention this as it is the internet.)

As for the ads, they have to have sponsorship and it is better than no race visible at all.

·
Premium Member
11,479 Posts
I record almost everything and ff thru the ads and other boring parts.

Saves lots of time.

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
I can't imagine watching anything live any more. Watching the same commercials over and over is very exciting for some morons but not this one.

·
Wingless Wonder
5,535 Posts
^^^ Repeating commercials helps those of us with a bad memory.

Watching the same commercials over and over is very exciting for some morons but not this one.

Repeating commercials helps those of us with a bad memory.

:rolleyes:

rotfl

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I haven't watched ESPN in forever. Ever since they decided they'd like to be MSNBC and take stances on issues and/or make their anchors the news itself.

I'm a diehard hockey and football watcher.

For hockey, I have Comcast for the Hawks, NBCSports for other games/playoffs and the NHL Network.

For football, I have the Fox, NBC and NFL Network. I watch MNF with the sound turned off.

So, that's the beauty - I just don't HAVE to consume ESPN content.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts