The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me. Relatively new here but there has to be an easier way to research these problems for individual models.

Just had the shop try and evac and recharge my 2002 Esprit A/C. No leaks but no cold air either. Listening to the compressor (which is running), shop is saying she's making noises internally suggesting a problem.

Does anyone know of a place to find a replacement for the compressor if it comes to that?

Thanks

Hank

·
Registered
433 Posts
Forgive me. Relatively new here but there has to be an easier way to research these problems for individual models.

Just had the shop try and evac and recharge my 2002 Esprit A/C. No leaks but no cold air either. Listening to the compressor (which is running), shop is saying she's making noises internally suggesting a problem.

Does anyone know of a place to find a replacement for the compressor if it comes to that?

Thanks

Hank
Get the numbers off the label on your compressor. Should be able to cross reference it.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You'd be surprised on those part numbers to cross reference.

Upon further review, any ideas on the drier model for the 02 esprit. Seems Parker Automotive (unit installed now) has gone out of business.

·
Registered
433 Posts
You'd be surprised on those part numbers to cross reference.

Upon further review, any ideas on the drier model for the 02 esprit. Seems Parker Automotive (unit installed now) has gone out of business.
1. You did not answer the question. I was trying to help. Automotive air conditioning is what I do, both repair and parts warehousing.

2. Parker's domestic assets were purchased. Again, the Parker number would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry. Didn't want to come off as evasive. Shop that lifted the esprit gave me these numbers for the compressor:

Part # 52381893 103110944F

They couldn't find a reference to it in their database.

From research on here and other places appears a GM part 1135153

Receiver / Drier pt# A082P4378F

Unit installed a Parker but Parker Out of Bus

Supposedly some lotus parts available out there but wondering if a 'domestic' part would work (and be more reliable) thought believe the drier a relatively simplistic operation.

(my $.02)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Sorry. Didn't want to come off as evasive. Shop that lifted the esprit gave me these numbers for the compressor:

Part # 52381893 103110944F

They couldn't find a reference to it in their database.

From research on here and other places appears a GM part 1135153

Receiver / Drier pt# A082P4378F

Unit installed a Parker but Parker Out of Bus

Supposedly some lotus parts available out there but wondering if a 'domestic' part would work (and be more reliable) thought believe the drier a relatively simplistic operation.

(my $.02)
The first number corresponds to a 1994 - 1998 group of GM midsize car applications. It is a V5 (general series of variable displacement 5 cylinder compressors) with a 6 groove pulley. There are a lot of Chinese made knock offs available. If you are interested in an Original Equipment manufacturer compressor, I will go back to my warehouse tomorrow and get a price for that.
The receiver drier number you were given is a Lotus number. A Parker number would look like 085098-00 and may be hidden under a mounting strap. The one I think it would be is our part number 37-10810-3 and costs $26.11. I am told it is made with the tooling from the old Parker plant in NY. We have seven of them.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK finally sized the pic correctly I think.

By doing some research on here and at the Forum determined the compressor to be a GM part and found one.

The Parker Receiver / Drier Part # 27601 1 (after pulling it out of its holding bracket) Would be great to find one this easily compared to some of the other trials I've read on here.

Thanks for the help.

Hank

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
That number may be for production control .
At any rate, with the illustration I found our part number 37-13459 that is 2.5" diameter, 8" length, has the correct direction of flow with the switch port in the correct position. It is $2 more and can be drop shipped from Dallas.
Also, the Volvo application mentioned earlier flowed in the opposite direction and has the potential to create issues.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Took car to a local a/c shop and had them install the compressor and drier. Works well. Also had them do an oil change while up on the rack. Diving home noticed she's been idling rough.

A relatively simple procedure I thought. Wondering what is going on now.

Hank

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
copied this from Dave Hsu -- v8 reset procedures:

The correct procedure for the V8 ECU idle re-learn is:
1) Make sure your accelerator cable is properly adjusted
2) With a cold engine, turn ignition to KOEO (Key On Engine Off)
3) Press the gas pedal to 100% for a second or two and release, four times. You have 20 seconds
to complete this step, so don't rush it.
4) When 20 seconds have elapsed, you will hear the idle air controller stepper "clunk" as it
resets home position. You have now cleared all codes and reset all trims.
You should follow this up with two
long warmup/idle cycles to let the
ECU learn its initial trim values (once
with A/C, once without; each time
you let it idle until the radiator fans
shut off for the second time).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts