The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this was easier to better illustrate and compare the concepts. Hope this helps...

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last

Attachments

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Thanks for this.

Silly me, but don't they all look like THE EXACT SAME DAMN CAR?

Like an Evora.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I hate the "small, medium, and large" styling that has taken over auto manufacturers. I think the Germans may have introduced it first. Just seems lazy and uninteresting to me. This whole "corporate identity/corporate grill" concept has just gone too far!

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Thank you. Also, looks like Lotus is past the smiley face front end and gone with the angry scowl -especially the Elise. (I like it)

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
I think the styling is definitely a step in the right direction, but for any of these that make it to production they will have to design in features that distinguish them other than simply size, as others point out.

Just like the Elise is distinguished as more refined and evolved from say, the Europa, these designs are a step forward over the Elise/Exige in the same way, and in my opinion massage out some of the awkwardness of the front end of the Evora.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Esprit. The plan is to bring the production version to market in the spring of 2013 with a price tag around $175,000.

Elan. Lotus says its new Elan is slated for a debut in 2013, which makes us wonder what the future may have in store for the current Evora. Pricing for the 2013 Elan is set at $118,500 (£75,000).

Elise. This supercharged model can hit 62 in 4.3 seconds. Price? $55,000.

More details on Autoblog — We Obsessively Cover The Auto Industry

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
i like the elan, not so much the esprit, and dislike the elise. (esprit has that hideous nissan 370z bubble bump roof line, uggg...)

·
Registered
579 Posts
They all look much better in Orange.

I like the Elan. $120k is more than I’ll ever be able to spend on a car. 50% depr after 5 years, car due out in 3 years. I might be able to swing that by then. Come on 2018!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I like how clean the cars are.
I also love how the Esprit concept has a glass roof. If that makes it to production, it'll be huge in making the inside feel much more roomy.
The other thing I really like, too, are the proportions from the profile. There aren't a lot of front/rear overhang past the wheels.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I echo everyone's feelings...based on not having seen any of the forms in the flesh the 2 dimensional pictures show a very nice Elan, which would be my favorite.

The Elise looks a little bloated and tall and not long enough, but again until I see how really low and wide it is in person there is no way to tell at all. The Evora was just simply UGLY in pictures, until I saw one in the flesh and fell in love.

But yeah, on paper and 2D, the Elan seems reasonable mixture of price, luxury, performance. And WOW...aren't we all ECSTATIC we have the current gen cars?!???!

·
Registered
478 Posts
I for one am pretty stoked at the new direction... I actually withdrew my name from the Evora wait list when I started seeing/hearing more and more about it as all it's specs and such were finally unveiled.

Lotus has needed something to legitimately set their brand into the price point they already fall at (high) and this lineup appears to justify it (at least from a looks and specs perspective). Does it look like they're all inspired from Lamborghini? Yes... however, the L cars are looking more and more outlandish, while these seem to borrow the refined qualities of the previous gen, mix in some Lotus and a bit of Ferrari. I think it's the only way they can command their prices. Spec it high, make them look like supercars, and don't mass produce.

Torn between the (new) Elan and Esprit myself - both sound/look sick! Luckily I have a couple years to save for one :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts