The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen the production numbers for years, how do people get number of colors for each year? wondering how many orangies are out there. Want to know how rare the car im picking up in a few weeks is. :coolnana:

·
Registered
204 Posts
What year and model are you picking up?

Orange S1s are rare:

RHD cars is around 18-20 (going by memory here...)
LHD federal cars is 6 or 7
LHD RoW cars = just a couple/few

I don't think I've ever seen an orange Esprit after the S1 until the V8 or GT3. Anyone? :shrug:

And it's not really a common color on the V8s, either.

Cheers,

Tony K.

·
Banned
938 Posts
Bit of a tangent but has anyone done a chrome wrap on a Stevens?

·
Registered
175 Posts
The color B25 Chrome Orange was available in the later cars...

PROJECT: PHOTO! An Esprit in every factory colour...ever! - Page 5 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Page 5
(about half way... Chrome Orange)

...but production numbers I am unsure of how to get them for every color. Records were iffy on most years. My car is an 88' Monaco white, single tone (ie not grey below the belt line), with matching wheels. I know that the car was ordered that way by the original owner... folks at Lotus say that there were not "a lot" like this. What ever that means? I personally have not ever seen another one all Monaco White... but that means nothing. there were not "a lot" of the cars in any model year really. As P02 was used on the anniversary edition, it's numbers should be easier to find...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bit of a tangent but has anyone done a chrome wrap on a Stevens?
haha chrome wrap, seen a few cars with those now. cant imagine driving behind one at night. Let me know if you ever have any questions on your e55, Im a benz tech. The 210's were great cars with minimal reliability issues definately worth holding on to.

·
Banned
938 Posts
haha chrome wrap, seen a few cars with those now. cant imagine driving behind one at night. Let me know if you ever have any questions on your e55, Im a benz tech. The 210's were great cars with minimal reliability issues definately worth holding on to.
Thanks very much!!
I will bother you then!You said I was allowed.:)
I have a problem with the fan speed. The fan speed is not consistant unless it is on full.
At the lowest settings the rpm almost turns off and then resets. I have to resort to maximum input which was somewhat constant. Lately it has been wavering in rpm.
Mike Esik.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
most likely the blower motor regulator. Although if you havent replaced the blower motor i'd advise doing them together. normally the blower motors start squeaking at times over bumps or when turning and sound like a hamster is living in your dash running on it's exercise wheel. I just looked there is actually a bulletin pertaining to poor blower motor output. p-b-83.40/68 dated october 20,2003. recommends replacing the regulator first and blower if needed.

·
Banned
938 Posts
most likely the blower motor regulator. Although if you havent replaced the blower motor i'd advise doing them together. normally the blower motors start squeaking at times over bumps or when turning and sound like a hamster is living in your dash running on it's exercise wheel. I just looked there is actually a bulletin pertaining to poor blower motor output. p-b-83.40/68 dated october 20,2003. recommends replacing the regulator first and blower if needed.
Thanks for replying.
I noticed that on most settings the motor speed will change going over bumps and craters!
There is no noise from the blower unless when I park and put on the fan mode to keep the vehicle warm while it is shutoff. At that time sitting in the vehicle and using that mode it does soundlike a hamster trying to keep the interior warm. Lol.
I realize the regulator is located up ubove the glove box.
Is this an expensive fix or can I do this in my cold garage? I do have a one year warranty on the car but if a competent guy is able mentally to do it why bother with the b.s.and use the max.premium per claim on other things.
Say.
Thanks again. Mike.

·
Banned
938 Posts
I apologize a bit on the tangent of this Thread.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Rusting doors and cracked dashboards come to mind.....along with window lift cables snapping an d dropping the glass into the bottom of the door frame....... Those issues immediately come to mind with the MB W210.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,101 Posts
Painted Sills

My car is an 88' Monaco white, single tone (ie not grey below the belt line), with matching wheels. I know that the car was ordered that way by the original owner... folks at Lotus say that there were not "a lot" like this. What ever that means?...
The gray sills were "standard" on North American cars 88 - 89. (A $1500 option in Europe). If you only have one paint code on the VIN plate on the RF wheel arch (in the front trunk), it came that way from the factory. If you have TWO paint codes (one for the body color and one for the sills) the car must have been repainted. If you have NO paint codes, the car was painted a non-standard color for a customer, by the factory.

Martin in Long Island has an '88 that is also single-tone. (Flatspin on TurboEsprit) When he first got it, we corresponded about the differences.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rusting doors and cracked dashboards come to mind.....along with window lift cables snapping an d dropping the glass into the bottom of the door frame....... Those issues immediately come to mind with the MB W210.

lol, no rust down in texas. Ya rear window regulators are common, dashes not so much most 210 interiors look mint for there age, not even faded wood. non of those will stop the car from running/driving either :shift:

that chrome esprit is well........ how do i put this politically correct. :eek:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for replying.
I noticed that on most settings the motor speed will change going over bumps and craters!
There is no noise from the blower unless when I park and put on the fan mode to keep the vehicle warm while it is shutoff. At that time sitting in the vehicle and using that mode it does soundlike a hamster trying to keep the interior warm. Lol.
I realize the regulator is located up ubove the glove box.
Is this an expensive fix or can I do this in my cold garage? I do have a one year warranty on the car but if a competent guy is able mentally to do it why bother with the b.s.and use the max.premium per claim on other things.
Say.
Thanks again. Mike.
I forgot to reply back to this. Ya, it's pretty easy. just depends on your tool selection. If you have a good assortment of t20/t25 torx bits at different lengths and dont mind crawling under the passenger side dash and working upside down then you'll be good. Not sure of your age, size, tools or mechanical abilities.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The gray sills were "standard" on North American cars 88 - 89. (A $1500 option in Europe). If you only have one paint code on the VIN plate on the RF wheel arch (in the front trunk), it came that way from the factory. If you have TWO paint codes (one for the body color and one for the sills) the car must have been repainted. If you have NO paint codes, the car was painted a non-standard color for a customer, by the factory.

Martin in Long Island has an '88 that is also single-tone. (Flatspin on TurboEsprit) When he first got it, we corresponded about the differences.
Yep. Interestingly the reverse for cost was true in Europe as there was extra cost to get grey sills there. My car is just the one code - A21. I have seen some older G cars with newer paint colors... but they looked really nice.

Not sure about chrome cars myself...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts