The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello!

i'm new to Lotus. the Esprit was - and i guess it will always be - my favorite sportscar, although i do only like german cars. i guess it is how the car looks like, that grab me for ever. exceptions strengthen the rule! :D i first saw the Esprit in my Amiga game called "Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge 2" back in the early 90s; had a very cool soundtrack too, played the game all day long as a kid. unforunately i don't have much money, but i will own one someday, that' for sure. as i said i'm a big fan of german cars, especially Audi. currently i'm rebuilding an Audi Coupe typ81 to a Audi Quattro A2 rallye car replica (the long wheelbase version) that Walter Roehrl used to drive. currently i only want a car that looks like that quattro, when the chassis is finished then it will get the 10V or 20V 5cyl turbo engine. i expecting to achieve this in approx. 6 months (till the paintjob part). the car is rebuilt from scratch. i spent the last 2 years collecting the nessesary parts. "only" fiberglass- and paintwork is left, than it can be put together. now, as i see the end of the "tunnel" with this project, i already start looking for the next one :)
that could be the Esprit. i watched the prices of Espirits for years now. they started to drop. i wouldn't need a car in excellent condition, i am more into restoring one (bigger pleasure to drive it when it's finished). would also be interrested in crashed (not totaled) or damaged Esprits. i wouldn't need an engine and transmission and other things related to the engine and transmission too (i want to stick with Audi, so i would place an 3.6 or 4.2l Audi V8 engine + transmission into the Esprit)... it must be a lefthanddrive model and a Peter Stevens styled one, and it would be great, if it came from the European Union (becouse of customs). can You suggest me some sites, where to look for such Esprits and parts? what do You think, how much i have to spend buying the car?

thanks for reading!

regards,
Richard

p.s: please pardon my english, i'm from Hungary! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Audi quattro project

WARNING!
HARDCORE PICTURES INSIDE!
VIEW ONLY AT OWN RISK!​

:D
Index of /_lionsgi/audi

the major work is already done. that was converting the FWD Audi Coupe to a 4WD quattro. despite they are similar from the outside, the two cars are completely different. an extra (donor) car was needed to do the conversion. i got it cheap, was in really bad condition, i only needed the under side of the chassis. R.I.P :( the 4 widened fenders have to be reworked to look more authentic to the facory racecar and then the paintwork. thats it. easy said - much work :)
i've already got the factory rallye front and rear rallye bumpers and side spoliers (under the door) and the huge rear wing :). the car will look like this, when finished with the paintwork:

i only miss 2 HELLA Rallye2000 headlights, only managed to collect 4 instead of 6. except them, i got all parts together :)
adding the turbocharged 10V 5cyl will only be a weekend project :p. adding the 20V turbo is a little bit more complicated due to electrics, can be done in a week or so...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how much work is it to convert a righthanddrive Esprit to lefthand one? what parts have to be exchanged/swapped?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
there's a man here in Hungary; he does very good fiberglass work, and for cheap! (even affordable for me :D )
unfortunately his page is only in hungarian available, the site is damn slow, but it's worth waiting. many-many pictures and even some videos of his work. awesome, what this guy does. he sells complete fiberglass body for the Esprit too. an AC Cobra complete fiberglass body costs less than 2000GBP and it can be fitted easily on a VW Beetle's frame.
here are some cars, he has repaired (the Esprit and the burnt Renault Alpine were in reallly bad shape)
Autótuning és motorkerékpárbontó

here are some replicas made by him:

this is his place:
Auttuning s motorkerkprbont
the whole building is made out of fiberglass :D

i only call him the "grandmaster". he does anything of fiberglass you can imagine...

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
there's a man here in Hungary; he does very good fiberglass work, and for cheap! (even affordable for me :D )
unfortunately his page is only in hungarian available, the site is damn slow, but it's worth waiting. many-many pictures and even some videos of his work. awesome, what this guy does. he sells complete fiberglass body for the Esprit too. an AC Cobra complete fiberglass body costs less than 2000GBP and it can be fitted easily on a VW Beetle's frame.
here are some cars, he has repaired (the Esprit and the burnt Renault Alpine were in reallly bad shape)

here are some replicas made by him:

this is his place:
Auttuning s motorkerkprbont
the whole building is made out of fiberglass :D

i only call him the "grandmaster". he does anything of fiberglass you can imagine...

Very rough translation VERY ROUGH:
Click Here

1 - 7 of 7 Posts