Horsepower+torque- 400hp-500hp
Cornering G's- 1.0+
Price- $100K

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Weight

Under 3000lbs, Not even the evora did that. Lotus is becoming mushy and should stop trying to be civilized. I will just wait for the track version.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Free

They should pay you for making you wait so many years.

Top Speed- 206mph (faster than old Esprit+zr1)
Cornering g's- 1.1 or so, over 1
Weight-2900lbs, 2750 track version
Price- Its a supercar, 150k, make it beat the 911gt3

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
its gonna be the same chassis as the evora... just a slightly larger engine which will probably nix the back seats... so I say
<3000lbs
450+hp
100k(probably 120k with dipping dollar and inflation unless the dollar rebounds big time in the next few years)
standard lotus handling

if they can do that they will have my money for sure :p

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
the esprit is a "gt". it should be in the 3200-3400lb range, with sporting manners, comfort items, adaquet power, and tons of sex appeal.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Top speed is not a real concern.

Around 3400 lbs for the normal version 3100 to3260 for a light weight version. Less would be better ofcourse but unless some laws change car weight will never go down.

420 hp min, 405 fp min

1.1 or more

130ish to 150s with a stripped version with adjustable shocks and nomex seats for around 98,000.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Price: Whatever it takes to smoke everything on the track. Anything less than $150 and they're not trying hard enough.
Weight: I set the bar higher. Under 2500. I want all or significant carbon fiber. It would be cocky and worth the $20-30 grand it would take.
Power: HP #'s sell cars. Slap the BMW TTV8 in there and make it worth at least 450.
Cornering: 1.2
Top speed: Who cares, as long as it hits 175. There are very diminishing returns over 150. Market it as: "top speed=175, because no one goes faster than that on the track."

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I think asking for a 500hp V8 "supercar" that weighs less than 2700 lbs is not being realistic.

Since lotus found it fit to give the 3000lb Evora a 280hp V6, I think that we can safely assume that the Esprit will come in at least a couple hundred pounds heavier.

That said, a 3250lb 500hp car is no slouch. Anything under 3500lbs with 500hp is going to be a serious performer.

·
Registered
571 Posts
430 Stradale performance, spartan interior like exige/elise.

Stradale=2930 lbs/510 hp
Esprit=<2700 lbs/400+hp N/A appox. 500hp with boost (if boosted)

Half the price of a Stradale.

F1 transmission option, 6 speed standard.
Automatic transmission a $50k option. hahaha

How will a $120k Esprit compare to a 100-120k ZR1?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Weight

I say all carbon fiber and a stripped elise type interior. Or make a race version the comes with 100% carbon fiber. I want this to destroy a gallardo or f430

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
3000lbs even, boosted BMW V8 with 480HP

I think the dollar needs to gain ground quickly if you guys want it to be in the lower $100's. Also a thought: The lighter it gets, the more expensive it gets (quickly).

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
The previous Esprit was not really known as a track car. But few F430s or Lambos are tracked either. They are more into "poser" territory. Just too expensive for most anyone to risk. My expectation is that the new Esprit will follow this course.
However it is essential that, in the hands of the car media, this car can outperform a lot of name cars. Porsche. Audi. Nissan. Corvette big time. Top speed does not have to be way up, but today at least 175 seems to be the standard. Racing heritage is a must, so the lightweight stripped model is neccessary. 400 HP should do the job if we can stay under 3250 or so. More is just out of the Lotus image and Colin's principals.
My concern is quality of build. My much loved Elise does in fact resemble a kit car in many ways. The build quality of Evora is critical to its success in the non track market, and will be paramount for the Esprit to even park next to most world class GTs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts