The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have enjoyed reading all the rumors and reviews of the Evora.

On the downside though, it seems that there has not been much talk about the new Esprit lately.

It's been since January that I have read anything new.

Is it on life support? Is it a definite go? Anybody heard anything? :shrug:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Far as I've heard it's anywhere between a 500+ hp Gallardo competitor with a turbo BMW V8, to some farce of a Hybrid monstrosity.

Doubt anything concrete will come out until mid-2010 or so.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...i expect we'll be looking at an exotic 911 competitor, probably not quite supercar league but capable of running with them...

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,861 Posts
The Esprit's production depends entirely on how well the Evora sells. We won't see a production Esprit for at least three years.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Far as I've heard it's anywhere between a 500+ hp Gallardo competitor with a turbo BMW V8, to some farce of a Hybrid monstrosity.

Doubt anything concrete will come out until mid-2010 or so.
I know! It's crazy to see the different stories.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Esprit's production depends entirely on how well the Evora sells. We won't see a production Esprit for at least three years.
I believe you are correct on this. Let's hope the Evora does well!!!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I heard it had the toyota tundra v8 engine in it.
same, I dont know why they would switch to bmw since all their current models are running toyota

·
Registered
155 Posts
(BTW Hi Stewie!) found this press report about the Esprit from last week lotus esprit - Top Speed with these pics... I was kinda hoping that Mr Crijns wouldn't have too much of a say in the new Esprit design but I needn't have worried - I think it looks FAB!

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
I still think they should've skipped the Evora and went right to a new redesigned Esprit supercar.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I don't know I would put much confidence in those pictures. It is an interesting styling exercise but Lotus seems to be deviating from that design theme - the only thing the Evora shares with that is the grill and the 2010 Exige is really deviating with its wing, and front end restyle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts