393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD - Esprit S1 for sale SOLD

SOLD '77 Lotus Esprit S1 SOLD
TaylorMadeClassicCars.com

·
Registered
204 Posts
Glad somebody finally rescued that car! I was wondering if it was still around. Good luck with the sale! :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Glad somebody finally rescued that car! I was wondering if it was still around. Good luck with the sale! :)
I agree! Their was a post on here about this car a long time ago... It looks good cleaned up in the picture. Wish I had the money, always loved the original Esprit. GLWS

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
under agreement - sale pending
SOLD

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just like the last one, it's also going overseas....
no one in the states seems to have money to buy them (or the gumption to restore one). what gives with that anyway???

TaylorMadeClassicCars

·
Cal H
982 Posts
just like the last one, it's also going overseas....
no one in the states seems to have money to buy them (or the gumption to restore one). what gives with that anyway???

TaylorMadeClassicCars
Simply the early Esprit's and cars in general cost more in Europe as per ebay europe, PH and LEW. So it makes economic sense as the Europeans consider the USA priced cars a bargain. In the past at one point the Europa's were in a very similar situation except the destination was Japan and at the time they paid top dollar. A club member sold his over restored early esprit to someone in Spain as USA buyers were unwilling to pay the price. It was not over priced it is what the market bears. The asking price for some barnyard find N/A early model Esprit's are close what some have actually paid for later model Turbo cars that have needed less help.

Cal H

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Plus from my perusing around and comparing UK to US the US cars seem to as a general rule be rust free compared to UK ones...

·
Registered
19 Posts
And,

For the europeans, the American left hand drive cars are worth more than the English right hand drive cars.
Although , I prefered my RHD English rare S2.2 way over a S1 US esprit.
Because an S2.2 is so rare, Because the 912 2.2 engine, because the dellorthos, because the elegant front and rear bumpers, because the beautiful speedlines rims, because an S2.2 is the first and oldest galvanised esprit chassis....
Oh and I got used to driving a RHD very soon after about 1000km.

Geert

·
Cal H
982 Posts
I never really thought about the rust. I suppose they may regard the cars like we regard cars from AZ and dry southern states. Most of the USA cars that go over there tend to end up in Europe than the UK as mainland Europe is LHD. what is curious is that the Europeans seem to prize the N/A cars as much as some of the later cars. It is not uncommon that S1/S2 are listed for sale at 14-15K when converted to USD would be around 24-25K? They sell for the same price as some later G Turbo cars and SE's. A driveway find and sort of running no MOT is at 10K USD with 1 day left at a no reserve auction. They do not get the same respect here as in Europe. In the USA it seems we need the cars to go fast

1 - 11 of 11 Posts