The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the tartan and the plaid interior but anyone have an idea where to get the original orange shag carpeting?
Also any one have an original steering wheel for a 72 Lotus Elan Sprint

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Wish I could help, but curious, didn't you just restore and sell a white/tartan S1 last year? Are you doing more S1's, or did you buy it back?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wish I could help, but curious, didn't you just restore and sell a white/tartan S1 last year? Are you doing more S1's, or did you buy it back?
No I ended up finding an all original 77 S1 in its original Monaco White gel coat finish. Fully documented but the interior needs to be redone, I am trying to put the interior back to the tartan

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
No I ended up finding an all original 77 S1 in its original Monaco White gel coat finish. Fully documented but the interior needs to be redone, I am trying to put the interior back to the tartan
Great rare find! I don't how many have the paint in the gel coat, but it wasn't many from what I have read. Are you going to keep it or fix it up and sell it?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great rare find! I don't how many have the paint in the gel coat, but it wasn't many from what I have read. Are you going to keep it or fix it up and sell it?
Tough decision, I love the car and it is well documented with a complete engine rebuild. Yes the gel coat finished is so hard to find anymore, most have had a repaint in their lives. We will see what happens in the next couple months :)

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Pls just don't convert the front spoiler to a S2 this time...I might have impulse bought your other one if it weren't for that.

·
Registered
861 Posts
This original owner "S1.5" was parked next to me at a recent car show. The owner said he put the european bumpers on the car due to better aesthetics.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pls just don't convert the front spoiler to a S2 this time...I might have impulse bought your other one if it weren't for that.
That S2 front airdam was already on the car when I had bought it. This car is completely original with its correct S1 front spoiler and its going to stay that way

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
That S2 front airdam was already on the car when I had bought it. This car is completely original with its correct S1 front spoiler and its going to stay that way
That's good news. Carry on.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Scott,
Glad to hear your doing another car. Have you checked with Steve at S&J Sportscars?

Another source you could check is Nick Fultcher's son... I think thats his last name if I remember correctly. After his father passed away he took over the 'family' coachwork business and might know where you could locate some. Bib's on the Lotus Forums may be able to hook you up with him.

Congrats on the new purchase, please post up some pictures.

Cheers,
Robert

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Scott,
Glad to hear your doing another car. Have you checked with Steve at S&J Sportscars?

Another source you could check is Nick Fultcher's son... I think thats his last name if I remember correctly. After his father passed away he took over the 'family' coachwork business and might know where you could locate some. Bib's on the Lotus Forums may be able to hook you up with him.

Congrats on the new purchase, please post up some pictures.

Cheers,
Robert
Thank you, yes I am so excited to do another one. I have the 95 S4s but its not an S1 lol
I will have to check with Bib, I would like to get in touch with that guy, Steve and SJ only has the Tartan and the plaid

1 - 12 of 12 Posts