The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Sad to see an Esprit relegated to circus duty.
Yes it is,

Someone please buy this damn thing before I have to. I have four of these cars in the same condition now and cant stand to see them sitting outside rotting away.

Some day, at least I hope, we will think back to the day when an esprit could be picked up for 3 grand and laugh..

sort of like the 50's maserati add of it sitting in a field in Texas for $2500 bucks from the early 80's

·
Super Moderator
3,897 Posts
It appears to be an S1 (no engine scoop ears) with an S2 spoiler and a Turbo rear hatch. The Vitaloni aftermarket mirrors sure bring back memories (my brother had them on his Scirocco, only to have them stolen a week later).

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Yes it is,

Someone please buy this damn thing before I have to. I have four of these cars in the same condition now and cant stand to see them sitting outside rotting away.

Some day, at least I hope, we will think back to the day when an esprit could be picked up for 3 grand and laugh..

sort of like the 50's maserati add of it sitting in a field in Texas for $2500 bucks from the early 80's
I believe that will happen with most Esprits. They are underappreciated. Once they become harder to find in good condition the prices will inevitably go up. Im OK with that. I want to see as many as possible saved though. Wish I had the means to help out! Alls I can do is keep mine in good working order :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
The poor thing looks like a victim of the late 80's.

You could buy it, send it to a restoration shop and drop at least $50k on it and have a great looking car thats worth $25,000.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts