The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Integrator
3,172 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
Other than Lotus club events, couple of car shows, and planned meetups with other owners, I've only ever encountered another Esprit on the open road twice.

The first was around 1977. I was driving the Europa when a gorgeous Esprit S1 pulled alongside. Imagine my delight, had never seen one in person and considering the timeframe it was likely one of the first to arrive in country, maybe the actual first. We pulled over for a chat and turned out the guy worked for the Lotus distributor. Somewhere I still have the Esprit promo photo he handed me, will have to dig for that. Anyway the experience helped to firmly set the hook in me, 42 years later that desire was finally gratified...it was worth the wait.

The other time was driving to a race at Watkins Glen. Ironically we had already planned to meet up at the track that day, but it was pure coincidence that we ended up on the same road at the same time enroute to the track. His passenger snapped a couple pics during our spirited dash. 😎
Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle

Reactions: Erik L

·
Registered
2001 silver lotus esprit
228 Posts
I heard there is a couple esprit's in edmonton and calgary and an older 90's one is reported around just north of me in red deer but never seen one for years around Red deer AB Canada. Seen one parked at five guys burgers once in red deer it was a Red Esprit I believe it was the red one that was for sale in Calgary a few years ago. I only got 1600km on my new Engine and I'm picking up my car in Edmonton on Wed had a small ps leak from the pressure hose. Can't wait for new adventures this year. Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.