The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, and thank you to all that reply, I want a professional to go through my 1983 lotus turbo transmission, replacing whats needed, I live in Detroit, but can't find someone who knows citroen models, if you know of someone, please let me know, the transmission is out of the car and ready to ship, it would be nice to find someone close, but can ship by truck - thanks

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Contact R & S Motorsports in New Jersey. Many Lotus dealers send their units (transmissions and motors) to him for rebuilding. 201-750-0700. He is a Lotus factory trained tech. Also listed on Lotus's website as a dealer repair station (the only one that does repairs but NO sales).
David Teitelbaum

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
You might also contact Tim Engel in Minnesota. He's rebuilt many for owners like yourself and knows the Citroen box as well as anyone.

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Are you going to have them upgrade the clip that fails?

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

·
Registered
269 Posts
Citroen SM World is another data point for you. I'm sure you're already aware that a full rebuild averages around 25 hrs and none of the parts are cheap but are at least available... :eek:

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
One word of advice from someone that learned the hard way: It's a great idea to solicit recommendations for work on these cars, but make sure you qualify how old is the recommendation.

Anyone that works on Esprits is likely to be a small shop, and therefore, is likely to lose the good people over time. I got burned on this just a few months ago when I went off of old recommendations that no longer applied to the mechanic's shop.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
R & S Motorsports is a "one man show". It's all Ralph and only Ralph. Any work done there is only done by the "master".
David Teitelbaum

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mr. Teitelbaum speaks the Gospel. Ralph is Lotus through and through, we are lucky to have him in the NYC area!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts