The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some of the test shots for my upcoming 1999 V8 Esprit tribute video:

1999 Lotus Esprit V8 (test footage) - YouTube

It's just a rough edit at the moment and all of this will get re-filmed at the "real" location seen in the middle of the Tesla intro/ending video (instead of my garage):

Tesla Model S footage (rough cut2) - YouTube

After this "unveiling" sequence the car gets started up and hits the road with some driving sequences that should be fun!

Just waiting on the car to get fixed.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
AWESOME!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Excellent work, your last name isn't Spielberg is it?

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Very nice work and good background music; you have a real talent at film compositions.

The paint and colour of your Esprit is just fantastic, it rocks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Both videos look good.
I had a very rare opportunity last week while I was at the local post office. First, I saw a white Tesla just like the one in your video. The man driving the white Tesla was taking to a man driving a black Tesla....in the same parking lot. I can't imagine how two Teslas show up in little ole Waco, Texas!

The white one belongs to an engineer at L 3 Aero Space; the black belongs to a local stockbroker!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice work. Love the BTTF license plate! :cool:
lol - I'm glad someone caught that!

I'll be setting the scene for the video a few years out into the future, so I thought that would be a fitting homage (one of my favorite movie series). It's also practical in that we don't have to see any of the real plates.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Cripes - why do all the cool toys cost so much? I'm gonna have to hold a bake sale to get one of those cool drones (~$1200). :(
If you like DIYing it, you can buy parts off HobbyKing.com and build an ArduCopter/ArduPirate or MultiWii based quadcopter with similar capabilities for $500-$600.

Be careful, though, because you'll end up sucked into yet another hobby addiction and you'll spend hours and hours tweaking it to make it fly as well.

The DJI equipment really is a great piece of off-the-shelf kit for the price.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 20 of 20 Posts