The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of course we all know the big ones like Bond and Pretty Woman, but I noticed this week that it also looks like an Esprit was used in Tomb Raider:

The wedge shape obviously making it an ideal motorcycle ramp. :D

Think it was a real car or a mockup?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I noticed this week that it also looks like an Esprit was used in Tomb Raider
This week huh ???
Well you're not making "Detective" anytime soon.

Ha Ha : ) Only kidding !

I hope it was a mock up, but thinking about some of the cars they trash in movies, an Esprit back then was not a lot of money.
:clap::clap::clap:

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This week huh ???
Well you're not making "Detective" anytime soon.

Ha Ha : ) Only kidding !

I hope it was a mock up, but thinking about some of the cars they trash in movies, an Esprit back then was not a lot of money.
:clap::clap::clap:
Well, I had thought I had seen it before, but only took the time to actually pause it to snap a photo recently. It's literally only a few frames worth of time, so goes by pretty fast. A decent cameo. ;)

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,318 Posts
...thinking about some of the cars they trash in movies, an Esprit back then was not a lot of money.
Still, pennies were pinched. Even moviemakers have budgets.

Who else remembers the Toyota pickup truck advert of the late 1990s, where the truck and the Esprit "race off" and the Lotus leads...until it ventures off road and spins out.... :facepalm

I was told at a LOG where that was an SE that was modified to look like a V8 (which was in production at that time). When Toyota asked permission to use the Esprit, Arnie Johnson made them mention in the advert what type of car it was.

I still have a copy of the advert on my home computer, unless someone links to it in the next few hours, I'll try and upload it.

Nevermind, I found it.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
"Lara's" garage is pretty much my dream - ill watch that movie just for the garage scenes. cars are epic. 340r, m250... lotus must have done a deal... atom, mini ducati.. tits aint bad either.... oh, and the F1...

funny this post as i did watch it last week and... dude, thats james bond! lol, i did not notice that before...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts