The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, one of the good side effects of pulling out the old Cobra 6422 alarm system and replacing it with a Viper system is that I got two key fobs with the new alarm system. When I bought the car it only came with one key fob so I was living dangerously.

When I ordered a new key blank I had to order a minimum of five keys so now I have four more than I really need, so if anybody needs a spare key blank please PM me and I will ship them anywhere in the lower 48 for $14.00

I will also be posting this thread in the parts for sale section but as we all know Esprit parts seem to be lost in a sea of Elige parts and rarely get any attention.

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a local key shop that has the right equipment to do it, I already checked with them.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
hmmm... mind sharing; I'll drive over and get mine done. only 2 hr trip... you can PM if you wish

tks!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PM sent.

·
Registered
860 Posts
David,

I'd love to know where to get my key cut, too. I have a pair of blanks, but can't find anyone to do the job. I'm about 100 miles south east of orlando (on vero beach.) Please message me where I can get the keys cut! Thanks, Andrew

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QuadCam - PM sent.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got mine laser cut today, cost was $40.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Dang, I need more than the one key I have for my car too. I bought some key blanks (YM30P) but haven't found someone to cut it yet. I am nowhere near Orlando however

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ruff Ryder - it would be a bit of a gamble but you could consider shipping your one and only key with the spares to my locksmith in Orlando. Go with proof of delivery and insurance of at least $250 just in case the worst case scenario happens and it gets lost. Let me know if you're interested and I will PM you with their contact details.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Two key blanks already shipped to New York, one key blank will be shipped to Canada which leaves one left. Any takers?

·
Registered
860 Posts
What the hell! I'll take an extra key blank! The extra blanks I currently have don't have the rubberized top piece to the key. Mine are all metal. Where can I send you the funds?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quad Cam - PM sent.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts