The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hola,
Posting out of desperation here. I finally completed a lengthy mechanical restoration of my 98 Esprit, only to have the steering wheel boss crack in to a thousand bits (long story). What I have is a car that runs beautifully (and looks so as well) but zero steering wheel due to the broken boss. After researching things, I have discovered that this car has an Elise steering wheel (airbag not connected) attached to a customized adapter that bolts to the boss of an European model (which is what broke). The ugly eye-sore that they put on the US cars do not have this boss.

At this point, I am searching for guidance from anyone who can point me in the right direction for acquiring any boss that will fit the 16mm/28 spline steering column. I've check all over eBay, JAE, SJsportscars, PNM, dark corners of the internet, etc.. no luck yet.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
3,865 Posts
What is the part number of the broken part? Given it's a V8, I'm guessing the power steering is much different than the non-power steering Esprits (earlier).

However, you never know - SJ Sports cars has A085H4026H (for 2 spoke (Giugiaro?) steering wheel and they used to sell a hub for the Stevens Esprit.

Post the number or a picture and we can see if those parts work.

·
Super Moderator
3,865 Posts
The 88 Stevens Esprit used A092H6027H steering hub (boss) and here’s the one I have ( ignore the shiny black spacer/ adapter. Note this is different than 87 and may be different than S4 but posting just in case. SJ sports cars used to sell this but no longer.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts