The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m starting to look for ‘02-‘04 Esprits. It’s been a long time. I’ve owned 4 amazing Esprits in past 25 years and thinking of coming back. Thoughts on value of current late model year? Prices steady?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Scott M
293 Posts
What I "knew" recently could be quite a bit off given how the US/World has changed in the past couple months...
From selling my own 13k mile '03 last year and in talking to other folks who were in the market since then, here's my $0.02. Quality examples with low mileage (say ~15k) were selling for $50-55K. Higher mileage ones (perhaps 25-35k) were selling for $45-50K. Adjust accordingly for service issues or missing history as well as Final Edition models which generally command premiums compared to other '02 & '03 examples.

My old car has been listed for sale (ASG out of Miami) for high $50s since they acquired it. The owner before me as well as two other potential buyers for it felt this issue free, "collector example" was worth $50-55K and wanted to buy it for the right price. If the dealer had been willing to come down from their unrealistic $58,500+ so-called bare minimum price in Jan or Feb, I'm confident it would have sold already.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I sold my Final Edition with about 20,000 miles back in 2014 for my Ebay asking price of $45,000 in less than 30 minutes. It apparently could have sold for more. Values have since increased on the model but all exotics dip in price during any financial crisis like we're in now. Good time to look.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I sold my Final Edition with about 20,000 miles back in 2014 for my Ebay asking price of $45,000 in less than 30 minutes. It apparently could have sold for more. Values have since increased on the model but all exotics dip in price during any financial crisis like we're in now. Good time to look.
I'm looking! NJ/NorthEast Silver of White if anyone is selling.

The average is $40-$50 as most reasonable pricing from what I am finding.
Those above $50K have been sitting for quite awhile on the 'Net.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
V-8's are in the $40-50K range but you can find them in the upper $30K range too. Just make sure the one you pay $40-50K for doesn't need $10K worth of work! Searching for a specific color is going to severely limit your search. Lotus cars were a very limited production to begin with. Just finding a good one is not easy.
David Teitelbaum

·
Scott M
293 Posts
Recent Bloomberg article indicates vehicle prices experienced an average 10% decline last month. Does that rough percentage apply here? Only time will tell.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your insights on this.
As an interesting comparison on values for V8....I purchased my ‘03 back in 2005 for $62k with 4K miles and sold it for $48k in 2008 with 9k miles. Although, I bought my white S4s for $28k and sold it for $39k after 6 yrs of ownership so that makes up some of the losses :)

I have had some great Esprit owners private message me recently with late model V8’s for sale and just hearing their ownership experience, DIY mentality, reminds me about how passionate and great the Esprit fans and owners are.

I am just beginning my search and will take my time and see what happens in this economy. It will be a rough next few months in my work life so we will see how things go. Stay safe and sanitized and thanks again for the replies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts