The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The following was received by the GGLC... Anyone???
Kiyoshi

Subject: REQUEST FROM MONSTER GARAGE

hello.

we're looking for a Lotus Esprit that we can afford to turn into a
submarine car, like the James Bond movie, except for real. our budget is $6,000. I know this is a serious challenge. we need to buy the car by next Thursday. if you can help us, we'd love to invite you to visit the set during the build.

thanks.

Tod Mesirow
Series Producer
Monster Garage
Original Productions
818/581-1375

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
So are they looking for someone to donate the Esprit? What does the owner get out of it besides a useless submarine car and crappy workmanship?

edit: Oh wait you also get to visit the set to see the hack job too. My bad.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Confused.

They want an Esprit for under $6000?

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Except they say they want to buy the car.... and I can't imagine they would think someone would give them a free Esprit, and I don't understand the relevance of their modification budget to aquiring the car.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Oh yeah, your right. I didn't read it thouroughly.

Yeah, um, this is Cranium Garage, I'd like 3 demo Elise's, but my budget is limited to $6.37. I know this is a serious challenge. we need to receive the cars by next Thursday. if you can help us, we'd love to invite you to McDonalds for dinner.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Dont they know that English cars are not water tight?

I think the budget is more like $1000 to crazy glue the doors shut and get a some type of torpedo like propulsion system like divers use and $5000 for salvage operations!

I'd lend them my Elise if they could put an ejection seat in it.

Why dont they just get a Catheram Seven and put wings on it and see if it will fly like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
xxxotic said:
Dont they know that English cars are not water tight?

I think the budget is more like $1000 to crazy glue the doors shut and get a some type of torpedo like propulsion system like divers use and $5000 for salvage operations!

I'd lend them my Elise if they could put an ejection seat in it.

Why dont they just get a Catheram Seven and put wings on it and see if it will fly like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?
Oh come on now, why pick on chitty chitty bang bang? :D BTW it's a great read (the movie had absolutely nothing to do with the book) You should read it, it's definitely a car afficianado's book.

·
Registered
971 Posts
babak said:
Oh come on now, why pick on chitty chitty bang bang? :D BTW it's a great read (the movie had absolutely nothing to do with the book) You should read it, it's definitely a car afficianado's book.
The movie has nothing to do with the book. Sounds like most of the other movies made from Ian Fleming's books.-eek-

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Lumn8r said:
The movie has nothing to do with the book. Sounds like most of the other movies made from Ian Fleming's books.-eek-
This one particularly. That car has a seriously fun character.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Sory I'm not sure what kind of car Chitty Chitty was. I think it was actaully a Dusenberg.

If the submarine doesnt work, they could try this, or maybe it is Lotus wasy of saving on fuel costs for sending the cars over here.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
In the book it was a car that was unlike any other car, Flemming went to excuisite detail to try to explain how Chitty was not like the mass of ungainly, blobbish, dark coloured estates that populated the roads. How it had the curves and character of a thoroughbred. Sound familiar?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts