The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,729 Posts
Could anybody clarifie for me that question please.Does it fit or not???
What year Esprit are you talking about?

I know that Stevens Esprit (my 88) is not the same as the DeLoreans at the shop yI see frequentl- the lower edge is curved on the DeLorean, while the Esprit is straight.

Bryan (deloreanz) has a DeLorean and an 84 Esprit - he mentions on his rebirth thread that the windshields are different.

·
Registered
75 Posts
If anything, it would be an S1 or early S2 Esprit compatibility as that is when John Delorean was parts binning with Colin Chapman. Engineering of the Delorean DMC 12 was going on during the late 70's with 80,81,82 production dates.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I should have been more clear, I have a 1990 esprit turbo and I need to replace my windshield and here in Montreal I have to wait two month before I can have one that is why I turn on the side of delorean, in the parts cross reference it is suppose to fit.......in the two brand name.

·
Super Moderator
3,729 Posts
Sorry, I should have been more clear, I have a 1990 esprit turbo and I need to replace my windshield and here in Montreal I have to wait two month before I can have one that is why I turn on the side of delorean, in the parts cross reference it is suppose to fit.......in the two brand name.
Notice the curvature of the DeLorean vs. the 89 Esprit - definitely not the same:

·
Registered
19 Posts
And here you have a picture of an esprit s2.2 (my car) next to a delorian.
I am not shure about the window

Geert

·
Super Moderator
3,729 Posts
I love that you just happen to have a picture of both at the ready :D
My 88 Esprit windshield got cracked:mad: - went through the same question/research issues as original poster.

At the shop I frequent, there are 3 Deloreans and the Esprit next to it - that photo was taken for the exact question he asked- are the windshields the same? No. That's why I took it at that angle - to show the lower curvature of the Delorean.

There is an S1 nearby - 99% it also won't interchange with the Delorean, but I don't have a handy pic at the same angle.

·
Super Moderator
3,729 Posts
SJ in England has them for 215 pounds but I dont know if its cost effective to ship it over here.

lotus car spares, parts and accessories, genuine lotus spares and parts, own brand lotus spares and parts

I know that one pops up on Ebay every couple of months or so but nothing on there now.

Good luck,

Elie
In the US, Safelite and one other company I can't recall had them supposedly in stock or only 3 days away delivery. I was quoted $1400 for install of an aftermarket windshield ($2100 for factory windshield).

Another source quoted JUST the windshield around $600 (installation not included).

I'll PM you when I find the information (it's a few months only so may/may not be valid).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts