The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Lotus Elise - Touring
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got around to putting the MWR lift points on my 05 Elise.It was a super easy install and has been a massive improvement for working on the car.
For those lucky enough to have access to a lift, are there any other recommended tools or parts that make your wrenching experience easier?

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
I have a full blown stereo system in my garage plus a refrigerator filled with imported beer.

Yup, MWR lift points are a very good add to your Lotus.

Reactions: boarder140

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
I bought a lift about 12 years ago, and while that purchase was an unintended adventure, I love having it

When I first bought the exige I was pissed that in order to get it on the lift, which I had bought so i didn't have to crawl around on the ground, I had to first crawl around on the ground

Then I found that my car actually had the lift points installed, but someone had ditched the vertical pins.
So i made some up

·
Premium Member
2005 Lotus Elise - Touring
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought a lift about 12 years ago, and while that purchase was an unintended adventure, I love having it

When I first bought the exige I was pissed that in order to get it on the lift, which I had bought so i didn't have to crawl around on the ground, I had to first crawl around on the ground

Then I found that my car actually had the lift points installed, but someone had ditched the vertical pins.
So i made some up
What luck! I wish I had been so lucky with this car. Although despite the mileage, it's still many magnitudes cleaner than my MR2 was underneath.

After putting a few markings on the floor for the wheels, it's a lot easier to load onto the lift as well. Helps to have something to aim for! I definitely need to hook up the JBC speaker set that we have lying around to pump up the audio, all I have now is a decent Bluetooth speaker. Beer fridge is in the main garage! ;)

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
I have MWR lift kits on both of my Elises now. Excellent design and quality. Works great!

Reactions: Spy009r0
1 - 6 of 6 Posts