The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all Elise fans........here is another item to add to our wish list...I saw last week an air intake installed on a Lotus Elise and it looked "SICK"......however the air intake was installed on the driver side and I think the car would look even better with two.......I contacted them about making one for the other side and they are willing to do it if I have a minimum order of 10............here is what Esta said: "We can offer you 20% off for 2 air intake plus free shipping.":clap:

Item description and price on their website: "ESTA Style CF Air Intake for Elise S2. Directs fresh air into the engine bay which helps to cool the engine and increase performance. Does not have any effect on the aerodynamics. US$ US$774 (FRP) US$ 1,177 (CF)"

You can visit their website at: www.esta-international.com for more accesories.:nanner2:

Anybody interested in spending more money on their Lotus?

Attachments

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
From what I can figure, this "intake" replaces the louvers on the engine cover, and sticks up above the roof line. Air is supposed to be routed from the intake into the top of the engine bay. Where it will immediately be vented back out the louvers.

Since the air flow is designed to direct air in from the sides (and the NACA vents on the bottom) up through the engine bay and out into the low pressure area above the engine cover via the vents, I don't see how this item will do a thing to improve anything except the profits of the maker.

It does appear to be patterned after the air intake used on 340R, but that intake is directed to the air intake for the engine, not the engine compartment.

It looks like pure bling to me, and if anything will have the opposite effect to what you are expecting. :shrug:

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
From what I can figure, this "intake" replaces the louvers on the engine cover, and sticks up above the roof line. Air is supposed to be routed from the intake into the top of the engine bay. Where it will immediately be vented back out the louvers.

Since the air flow is designed to direct air in from the sides (and the NACA vents on the bottom) up through the engine bay and out into the low pressure area above the engine cover via the vents, I don't see how this item will do a thing to improve anything except the profits of the maker.

It does appear to be patterned after the air intake used on 340R, but that intake is directed to the air intake for the engine, not the engine compartment.

It looks like pure bling to me, and if anything will have the opposite effect to what you are expecting. :shrug:
+1, unless the price includes an ecu reflash that makes it work, or at the very least doesn't sap HP.

·
Registered
685 Posts
+1, unless the price includes an ecu reflash that makes it work, or at the very least doesn't sap HP.
If there's humour in the post, I missed it, sorry. I can't see what ECU has to do with aerodynamics.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RE Intake

Well opinions tend to very and you are entitled to your opinion and ultimately it is bling!
Like I said in the post the item was installed on a car in Arizona so if it works here it should work anywhere that is my 2 cents on that...:shrug:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
lol, the CO Elise photo on their site is mine. I shot that about 2 1/2 - 3 years ago. Thats actually the same Elise that made history at SCCA nationals a few years ago as well as appearing in Tire Rack ads.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 10 of 10 Posts