The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering getting one of the Esta style engine covers from ESTA INTERNATIONAL Carbon Fiber & Fiberglass body kits for Porsche, Lotus, BMW, Ferrari,Lamborghini and was wondering a few things.

First...it appears that it's carbon fiber and the finish would be acceptable without painting, has anyone bought one of these and is that in fact the case?

Second, if the above is true, would you still recommend painting it prior to putting it on a Krypton Yellow Elise?

Third, how difficult would installation of this part be? I would imagine the hinges and switching out the lock would be the only work required, is this something I (and a fairly mechanically inclined friend of mine) could install? Or should I have it professionally installed?

Fourth, if professionally installed, I'm sure the charge varies from area to area, but what kind of ballpark should I be looking at spending?

And finally, would the mesh make ventilation better, worse, or about the same for the engine?

Thank you for your thoughts.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Errr....Green. Sorry :(

Might as well be Krypton "Yellow when any light whatsoever hits it" :D

On a related note, a forum search answered my question about the installation, but cast some doubt on the quality of Esta parts. Any thoughts on this are appreciated as well.

·
Registered
123 Posts
the locking mechanism for the S2 Rover and Toyota engine is located differently, you may have to do some modification to the clam for it to fit (K-series's exhaust manifold is located at the firewall side, toyota is located at the trunk side)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts