The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2006 Lotus Elise from a fellow forum member. The car needed new tires and I planned on changing the wheels to black LSS wheels or an aftermarket option. During my search for something reasonably priced, the only decent readily available wheels seemed to be 949racing 6uls, Rotas, Team Dynamics 1.2s, and the Ethos wheels from Inokinetic. The 6uls didn't come in black and I currently have a set on my turbo Miata so I wasn't interested in those. The TD wheels looked great in some pictures I found and not so great in others and I wasnt a huge fan of the Rotas. I really struggled to find any pictures of plain black Ethos wheels on a white Elise and wasn't sure how they would look. I ended up pulling the trigger on 16x7 and 17x8 Ethos wheels and got re71rs, 205/45s front and 225/45s rear. I wanted to add some pictures so maybe someone in the future finds them helpful in their search for wheels. Feel free to add pictures of your Ethos wheels!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
they always reminded me of the 5zigen FN01R-c... like I had on my RX7 for a bit

(don't get me wrong, I've often considered getting a set of the Ethos wheels for my Exige...)

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice RX7! A friend of mine has the same wheels on his RX7 and the Etho's wheels are almost identical. I'm assuming they were based off those wheels

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do like the XXRs quite a bit and just didn't mention they were on my list. They're cheap enough that I don't think you can go wrong with them. However, a lot of cars out my way have those wheels and I just wanted something a little different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts