The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SELOC link

A bloke in SELOC just went and got the price list from his dealer for the 111R (Federal Elise in Europe). They get the option of adding factory stripes! :mad:

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
thats it... I'm sending them another e-mail....

just curious - what is the cost there for stripes????

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ivan1 said:
just curious - what is the cost there for stripes????
895 UK pounds or $1,643 US. (at current exchange rates)

Sounds like a lot, but at least their painted on at the factory and not just stick-ons from the dealer.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Not much more than a lifestyle color. I would definitely go for it if offered....

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
900 quid for stripes is a bit atrocious isn't it? I mean come on that's more than the price of lifetsyle paint.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Why not have some nice vinyl ones made and you can always go painted later? Good 3m Vinyl lasts quite a while and looks good, you dont even notice the small ridge that indicates its a decal and not painted.

I had vinyl on my miata ( it came with it from the factory) but ended up having it painted on at a later date, I dont recall what I paid.

Red and white here.

http://miata.cardomain.com/id/threefastmiatas

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
mopalak said:
895 UK pounds or $1,643 US. (at current exchange rates)
I don't know if you can extrapolate the price - if you look at the price quoted on the SELOC post for the HT option it is 1295 UK pds or about $2400 which is much more than we are paying for the HT here....

·
Registered
670 Posts
OneFastMiata said:
Why not have some nice vinyl ones made and you can always go painted later? Good 3m Vinyl lasts quite a while and looks good, you dont even notice the small ridge that indicates its a decal and not painted.

I started a thread at Seloc asking about stripes. A guy with a type 25 replied that they are NOT double masked so as to get a smooth to the touch finish. They are just yellow paint on top of BRG paint.

Paint them yourself, use vinyl, or get a factory job it all ends up in a ridge.

Steve

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I agree, there's nothing wrong with vinyl, as long as you do it right - wrap fully around all the edges, into the radiator area, etc. Besides, it'll help preven paint chips. ;)

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Sownman said:
I started a thread at Seloc asking about stripes. A guy with a type 25 replied that they are NOT double masked so as to get a smooth to the touch finish. They are just yellow paint on top of BRG paint.

Paint them yourself, use vinyl, or get a factory job it all ends up in a ridge.

Steve
Yes I read that too. I wasnt saying that mine doesnt have ridges..it does. But its of no consequence really. You dont see the ridge, you barely feel it, it may as well not be there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts