The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I never liked the traffic police in Spain, specially the Guardia Civil, they are the stricter ones if they feel like it.

I don't know how many times I've seen people get a ticket for touching the center or the side line of the road. Try to prove that you didn't do it :(

I hope they don't read this board, I'm going to visit my parents in one month or so.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I just read some spanish newspapers and the story from there is quite different.

http://www.abc.es/abc/pg040914/prensa/noticias/Nacional/Nacional/200409/14/NAC-NAC-020.asp

Sorry it's in spanish, but pretty much it says that they were doing London - Benidorm in one day.

Out of 120 cars they stopped 70, and they were following the 'race' with 2 helicopters.

All the cars had racing numbers, witnesses on the highway claimed that some of the cars were doing over 120mph.
Also some of the participants told the police that one of them was driving with a false driving license and two others were driving wrecklessly.

They were fined for participating in an illegal race and others for speeding or both.

By reading both articles it was a misscomunication and some of the participants made them look like they all were racing. Some participants (british executives) didn't know it was an illicit race.

They told the cops they were doing it for some charity, I bet the police rolled their eyes.

The article also says that 4 month ago there was an illegal celebrity race on the same highway direction Cannes, oscar winner Adrien Brody "The pianist" participated but escaped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts