The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we are gonna learn a whole lot when this car is released in Europe. The official release date 28th Jan. Demo cars are on their way to dealers. Exige to follow in March/April.

We will have to contact those SELOC folks and get the full scoop, picy too:D

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Seems ironic,
The car was developed to get into the US market and we'll apparently be the last to get it!! Good in that the UK people will help get the bugs out of the assembly process etc.

Chris

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I've been reading Lotus went cheap on the US car's LSS. I would imagine the Euro car's LSS will be the better version.
If so this may be the one I will fit to my car.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,105 Posts
Derek said:
From what I've been reading Lotus went cheap on the US car's LSS. I would imagine the Euro car's LSS will be the better version.
If so this may be the one I will fit to my car.
Where and what did you read about it? I thought you opted out of the LSS anyhow?

I would be suprised if the quality of the components was any different. The tuning may be different though. Still, with such low volume, I would be suprised if they had 2 different LSS tuned packages. But I have been wrong many times before...;)

·
Registered
591 Posts
It is great that they will be getting the car first. As said above they will production kinks worked out before they get to ours. Second this will give the aftermarket parts guys across the pond time to develop some goodies in time for the release in the US.

I don't no if, or how much I will mod my car, but I like to have options. I am in the first batch, so the LSD would have to be added later for me. Of course, I do not know if I will autoX, but maybe some good engine mods will be developed and I would need it after that.

OK, you people in the UK get started developing parts!

Greg

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
shinoo said:
Where and what did you read about it? I thought you opted out of the LSS anyhow?

I would be suprised if the quality of the components was any different. The tuning may be different though. Still, with such low volume, I would be suprised if they had 2 different LSS tuned packages. But I have been wrong many times before...;)
I thought by now it was common knowledge that the US car is getting the cheaper LSS. That is the very reason why I opted out of LSS. I intend to add it later and I want something that gives me more options. The US version is high adjustable via shims and has no dampening adjustment.

Arno posted this:
http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1642&highlight=shims

Seems like the Federal Elise 'LSS' option is different from the one we get here in europe as the one here does have threaded shock bodies to vary the ride height (but no other adjustment though..)

Might explain why it's so much cheaper (it's more around $5000 here) than here in europe.

Bye, Arno.
There have been a lot of LSS post:
http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1656&highlight=shims

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
nobody from Lotus ever claimed we were getting the LSS anyway.

It's always been known as the Sports Pack. Folks here seem to have equated the two as soon as the packages were announced.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
atyclb said:
nobody from Lotus ever claimed we were getting the LSS anyway.

It's always been known as the Sports Pack. Folks here seem to have equated the two as soon as the packages were announced.
Guilty as charged. I guess it’s not LSS after all:(

·
Registered
228 Posts
This whole "US LSS is not adjustable" thing got started because someone crawled under one of the LA show cars and looked at the suspension.

Lotus has said that the show cars were not even necessarily drivable and that all the cars were lowered to look better on the floor. It would not surprise me to find out that none of the cars at the LA show actually had LSS but actually only had the proper wheels.

Until someone from Lotus posts "Ha ha we're screwing you stupid Americans out of the proper suspension parts!", I'm going to assume the US and Euro LSS are the same.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Are you confusing Sports Suspension with the Lotus Dynamic Suspension?

I have no reason to think that what we are getting, is any different from the Euro Sports Suspension. I have a document from Lotus that defines the Euro Sport, and it appears to me to be the same bits.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Nathan968 said:

Until someone from Lotus posts "Ha ha we're screwing you stupid Americans out of the proper suspension parts!", I'm going to assume the US and Euro LSS are the same.
but who said the US is getting LSS?

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Right. We are a Lotus Sports Suspension Package. It is based on the existing Euro Bilstein Suspension Package that has now been tweaked for optimum performance with the Toyota drivetrain.

Lotus also sells a Dynamic Suspension package that uses adjustable struts. That package is not offered in the US. I am not sure it would make sense for a street car, the spring rates seem pretty high.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts