The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got tired of replacing my center caps at about $30 a pop and though I would try and make some of my own. I got some electrical box knock out seals (1 1/4 inch for steel boxes) and made my own. I had to bend the prongs on the backs to snug them up a little and then put a rubber band (made from bike inner tube) to prevent rattles.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Excellent idea. Two questions, where did you get the Lotus stickers and I can't read the Duplicolor from the picture, what is the paint code?

JT

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Center Cap Paint and stickers

:coolnana:

This is the paint I used on the center caps. It was left over from a wheel repair. As for the stickers, you can find them all over the internet but I like the ones I got from 'Signdezine' out of England. They are really nice and are more professional then a flat sticker, but cost a little more. I noticed in the wheel picture that I need to better center one of the stickers on the cap but it not a big deal, just remove and re-attach centered. (I was in a hurry to get the caps on the car for a picture and didn't take my time putting the stickers on.) I might order a little larger sticker to see what that looks like. Hope this helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks for the info. I have Revolution wheels on my S2, I 'll try your method with the stickers for the Revolution centercaps. I was also looking for matching paint for my stock Lotus alloy wheels.

JT

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
This is a sweet idea. LOVE IT!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yup, great idea. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What a good idea.

Now, get the wheels weights off of the outside and do tape on's on the inside.

·
Registered
35 Posts
What Chris and I did was to put a spot or two of contact weatherstrip adhesive on the wheel and original/replacement cap. Keeps the caps on but fairly easy to get off when needed. Just clean off and re-glue.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Center Cap Paint and stickers

Actually I had used weatherstrip glue to help hold them on, but on occasion I park the lotus on the street I think kids might be taking the caps. The ones I made seem to be harder to pull off and I haven't lost one since.
:huh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts