The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to hear from anyone who has put Panasport rims on their Europa. I would like to know what length and diameter wheel studs you used??? Thanks Dave

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Not me, I never put panasports on my TC Europa. I refurbished the stock wheels.

Reactions: carbuff

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Suggest you contact Ray at RDent. He has all the specs on the Panasports and knows the right length studs. Panasports are excellent quality wheels.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I put them on my 73 Special in the late '70s or early '80s and used the stock studs. I believe I ordered the wheels as Triumph Spitfire fronts and GT6 rears

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
Stock studs will work, but I high recommend upgrading to 5/16" studs and replace those wimpy 3/8" fragile Triumph studs.

BTW, the center section of most Panasport wheels are about 1" to 1.25" thick. Panasports require a beveled lug nut (stock for a TC is a shouldered nut).

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Stock studs will work, but I high recommend upgrading to 5/16" studs and replace those wimpy 3/8" fragile Triumph studs.

BTW, the center section of most Panasport wheels are about 1" to 1.25" thick. Panasports require a beveled lug nut (stock for a TC is a shouldered nut).

Cheers,
Kiyoshi
@khamai, do you mean 7/16" studs" - I would agree, having seen enough broken 3/8" wheel studs on Formula Fords and Formula B cars. 3/8's studs require only 35lbs/ft of torque and no more.

Regards,
Dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts